It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5   Page 5 of 5   [ 83 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Re: I am wondering.....
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:50 pm • # 81 

Well if civil war begins it will be caused by reactionary people....and unnecessarily so. Personally, I think most assault rifle grabbers, ammo hoarders, doomsdayers and gun owning hawks are mostly 'all talk' and if they are not talk, they are crazy.

One thing for sure, here in Idaho, there are big sales on fishing stuff. Car sales have dropped. Grocery stores are having huge sales. Everybody is buying only AW's and ammo.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:58 pm • # 82 
Administrator

I've been perusing some ammo related stuff today. I like the Federal 9BP load, which is an older 9mm JHP design, but wonderfully accurate, and feed reliable.

Here is a quote about ammo prices from Massad Ayoob, a well known personality in defensive handgun circles.

"Personally, I'd rather buy my guns and ammo from a dedicated gun shop than from a chain such as Wal-Mart. Gun shop owners, as a rule, actively support our civil rights as gun owners, and big box chains, as a rule, don't. OK, then two weeks ago I stocked up on Federal's excellent 9BP load, their Classic line 9mm Luger 115 grain JHP—one of the most accurate cartridges in its caliber, and one of the best "man-stoppers" in a standard pressure 9mm round—at $12.50 per box of 50 at Riley's Sport Shop, a famous gun shop in Hooksett, New Hampshire. In 1986, according to Gun Digest, 115 grain 9mm JHP was retailing for $22.50 per 50 round box. Tell me again how we're being gouged by the ammo industry... "

It's true that ammo prices were higher, in general, before the 90's. Law enforcement and military adoption of the 9mm and civilian acceptance of 9mm sparked and decline in 9mm prices. Back in the 90's 9mm was super cheap. I could buy CCI Blazer all day long at $3.99 a box. 9mm slowly crept up in price. In 2007 the average 9mm plinking ammo was going for around $7 a box, then 2008 came, and everything doubled in price on average and stayed that way. In 2005-2006 I was buying .45acp FMJ for about $11 a box. 9mm now costs more than that. I did stock up on 9mm when it was $7 a box, and still have those cases unopened. It's there for a rainy day so to speak. I will start to reload this year, I have too much 9mm brass laying around not to. I just have to wait until the supply of small pistol primers comes back.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:14 pm • # 83 

Massad Ayoob is know through out the firearm industry for his defensive handgun
Philosophies .... I've read a few of his books and used to follow his column in
One of handgun magazines ...he is an authority on how you protect yourself and your family in different deadly scenarios and the legal ramifications once you pull that trigger, even if you don't kill some one .. And the judicial system with liberal judges and what you may expect your life to be like after court ......
Very good informative reading if your planning on protecting yourself with a firearm ..
Paul

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5   Page 5 of 5   [ 83 posts ] New Topic Add Reply