It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 25 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:23 pm • # 21 

keebranch wrote:
Hi Featherlight,
Just to add one more thought- go a little heavier. Let me explain my thoughts. In my past experience I have handled all sorts of shotguns- pumps, autos, singleshots and Over&unders- all were average weight nothing too heavy, but well balanced. At one time, I possessed a Winchester 101 pigeon grade straight stock 12 guage which was considered very light. This gun while easy to carry in the field yet lacked the pistol grip for face-on accuracy, and it tended to dance around when I would acquire a bird. IMO, this gun's swing weight was too light. In other heavier guns, the will be swing more constant and smooth.

Yes, my uncle told me that over the weekend on our rabbit/pheasant hunt. I used one of his older 20 gauge pump shotgun. Very nice a little heavy but didn't even get to shoot. We walked through woods and grass and only kicked up two doe that were bedded down. Found another dead deer that had it's hind quarters cut off. Then we had something running through the tall grass but couldn't see it so I didn't shoot. But it was a lot of fun!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:03 pm • # 22 

I am late to the party but you should get one of these:

My buddy has one like it (Siaga 12) and it is just badass. You can get all kinds of mags for it including the 20 rd. drum. Loads of fun for sure and no reason one couldn't hunt with it.

It is really fun to shoot trap with too :lol (I kid)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:49 pm • # 23 

I shoot a Citori O/U 28 ga. for upland, skeet, and sporting clays. Shoot a Remington 870 20 ga. for ducks, pheasants, and turkey.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:54 pm • # 24 

I've been using a 12 gauge beretta under and over with a 28 inch barrel since I was 16. It's been a great one gun do everything purchas.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:41 am • # 25 

UPDATE!
I finally bought my first shotgun but it was 2 months ago :lol . I went to a local gun shop and bought the Browning Cynergy Classic Trap (12ga/30in barrel). They were able to give me one hell of a deal, I couldn't resist. Plus Browning was doing the Tax back offer through April which was perfect. I was shooting every Wednesday night playing games and league once a month. I have improved every league shoot since we started. I started around 34/50 and last week shot 40/50. 22/25 at the 16 yard and 18/25 from the 22 yard. I have thoroughly enjoyed shooting and meeting new people. If you want pics let me know, I'll have to take a few.
Blake

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 25 posts ] New Topic Add Reply