It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next   Page 2 of 4   [ 70 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Re: Where are you?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:48 am • # 21 

People have told me I'm from outer space and live in a fantasy world.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:51 am • # 22 

yes! Yes you do!!!
I'm located about a mile south of Kickapoo Creek in Henderson county, Texas; a little metropolis called Murchison. When the moon is full; look at it carefully and you'll oftentimes see Cliff!!!!
Les, your little town is becoming famous!!!-p-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:34 pm • # 23 
Administrator

From East Texas but live in St. Louis, MO.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:27 pm • # 24 
Administrator

Northeast Ohio.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:04 am • # 25 

Melbourne Australia, most of my fishing is done on the peninsula.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:07 pm • # 26 

Schertz Tx, 12 Miles Northeast of San Antonio.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:24 pm • # 27 

pearow wrote:
yes! Yes you do!!!
I'm located about a mile south of Kickapoo Creek in Henderson county, Texas; a little metropolis called Murchison. When the moon is full; look at it carefully and you'll oftentimes see Cliff!!!!
Les, your little town is becoming famous!!!-p-

Gene, I heard recently that Murchison is going to put another traffic light in town, I guess that you'll be moving.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:40 am • # 28 

I just moved back to Texas. I'm living in a tiny crossroads called Millsap - just West of Weatherford (West of FT Worth.) I recently retired from the US Army and have been stationed all over the world.

It sure is nice to be back home!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:35 pm • # 29 

Millsap has a nice history as well. I believe thay won a Texas state championship in basketball one time with only 6 boys in high school(maybe it was 7).
Cliff, if they install another light in Murchison I'll be gone for sure; I'll never live in a town with more than one red light!!!-p-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:50 pm • # 30 

I'm a native Portlander (Oregon, that is), but currently living in a northern suburb of Chicago, halfway between the city and the Wisconsin border.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:44 pm • # 31 
Administrator

welcome!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:22 pm • # 32 

Originally from central New York. Now I live in the western suburbs of Chicago. Love to fish the Sand County area streams of Wisconsin. Went to college at UW-Stevens Point. Never got it out of my system.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:05 am • # 33 

Gene,

Then you'd like Millsap. ZERO stoplights here...and only maybe 4 or 5 stop signs! Definitely the smallest town this big-city boy has ever lived in. Heck, I think my high school graduating class alone had several hundred kids in it. If I want to feel the "big city" I'm only 10 minutes from the metropolis of Mineral Wells!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:28 am • # 34 
Administrator

David
A buddy of mine had a river property on the Brazos near millsap. I think that's a great section of the river - very fishable water loaded with spotted, smallmouth, and largemouth bass.

Les

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:50 am • # 35 

I live near Philly, usually fish NEPA headwaters brook trout streams -- carbon, luzerne, sullivan, counties.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:30 pm • # 36 

Welcome Home armyflyfisher. You describe Millsap as a crossroad, how very true. The Texas Post Oak Savannah including the concrete jungle to your east, the Balcones Escarpment to the south, the dreaded Llano Estacado to the west, and there you are in the peaceful Brazos River Valley. Parker County is rich in Texas history. The Goodnight/Loving, the Comanche raids, the Lipan Apache, Quanah Parker, the droughts, the floods, the hardscrabble life of the early European settlers, the stage coach line, the Bankhead Highway, a very small place with a huge history. And every airline pilot that has flown from DFW going west since 1974 knows the Worth Departure, Millsap transition. Recommended eating, Mary's Cafe in Strawn (CFS) Recommended drive, over to Palo Pinto, then south on highway 4 to Santo. (reminiscent of the Ozark Mountains) Recommended reading, Goodbye to a River, John Graves. All the best.

paul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:40 am • # 37 

keebranch wrote:
David
A buddy of mine had a river property on the Brazos near millsap. I think that's a great section of the river - very fishable water loaded with spotted, smallmouth, and largemouth bass.

Les

Thanks Les. I got my fishing license and Spring can't get here soon enough. I can't wait to get on the Brazos. I think a float trip from Possum Kingdom Lake to the crossing at I20 would be a hoot.

We need to sling a few rods!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:47 am • # 38 

pbryan wrote:
Welcome Home armyflyfisher. You describe Millsap as a crossroad, how very true. The Texas Post Oak Savannah including the concrete jungle to your east, the Balcones Escarpment to the south, the dreaded Llano Estacado to the west, and there you are in the peaceful Brazos River Valley. Parker County is rich in Texas history. The Goodnight/Loving, the Comanche raids, the Lipan Apache, Quanah Parker, the droughts, the floods, the hardscrabble life of the early European settlers, the stage coach line, the Bankhead Highway, a very small place with a huge history. And every airline pilot that has flown from DFW going west since 1974 knows the Worth Departure, Millsap transition. Recommended eating, Mary's Cafe in Strawn (CFS) Recommended drive, over to Palo Pinto, then south on highway 4 to Santo. (reminiscent of the Ozark Mountains) Recommended reading, Goodbye to a River, John Graves. All the best.

paul

Wow Paul.......thanks for welcome and description of this area.

I'm actually living for the time being in Millsap while we begin building a house a little farther West near Gordon.

I've sampled the Chicken Fried Steak at Mary's (opted for the smaller portion thankfully) and I love turning left onto 4 from 180 in Palo Pinto. The views are awseome! I'll look for Graves' book asap!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:11 am • # 39 

Forest Grove, which is sort of a suburb of Portland - being about 25 miles to the west. I'm 45 minutes or less from my favorite coastal streams, 20 minutes from launching a boat onto one of the best warm water fisheries in the state, and within two hours drive of many other incredible warm and cold water fishing locales. I can be bushwacking through a small creek hunting trout or flicking flies for panfish pretty much whenever I get the itch, once the seasons open locally, or any time year round with a few more miles of asphalt between here and there.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:18 pm • # 40 

Southern Oregon, 10 minutes from the Rogue and 40 minutes Klamath River.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next   Page 2 of 4   [ 70 posts ] New Topic Add Reply