Compartment/Bin with Magnetic Bottom 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Foam Slit/Slotted 17%  17%  [ 4 ]
Magnetic (open space with individual magnets for separation) 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Magnetic (use of whole space) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ripple Foam (poke own holes) 26%  26%  [ 6 ]
Silicone or TPE Slit/Slotted 22%  22%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 23
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:38 pm • # 1 

Wanted to create a poll for the ideal fly box for ultralight fly fishing, tenkara, etc. I've been though them all! Granted they have their strengths for certain flies.

Forget your current fly box...if you could have it your way (the best of holding combined with the most ideal closure, lightest materials, strongest, intuitive, material used, shape, etc.) what would you most prefer for carrying your flies. There are certainly pro's and con's to all methods. If the particular method was the best of the best...for example: strong magnet that didn't let go so easily, best lids, organization, just the right size (current favorite may be too big/small), etc.

Share in your comment anything that would make your current favorite better!

Please let me know if I am missing anything.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:07 am • # 2 

Thank you for the votes :applause, you have two per person because sometimes a combination of two methods is the best of both worlds. With so many on the market, I'm anxious to see what fellow Ultralighters are using!

Please-please cast your vote, it is anonymous. A lot of you have viewed the Poll but haven't voted. Only takes 10 seconds. If everyone voted, we'd have some real data. Or...the people who have voted keep coming back to see how the poll is doing and share the same interest as myself.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:17 pm • # 3 

comment: I prefer and use compartments for dry flies; and simple foam for wets, streamers, nymphs.
(since everyone here is thinking about fly boxes, let me take this opportunity to remind folks to write their name and phone number in sharpie on ALL their fly boxes, so they can increase the chance of a return in the event of one being dropped or floating away. my buddy and I found a very large, very full box of flies in a remote location with no ID on it. It took us one and a half years to find out who owned it.)
brent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:30 pm • # 4 

wheezeburnt wrote:
comment: I prefer and use compartments for dry flies; and simple foam for wets, streamers, nymphs.
(since everyone here is thinking about fly boxes, let me take this opportunity to remind folks to write their name and phone number in sharpie on ALL their fly boxes, so they can increase the chance of a return in the event of one being dropped or floating away. my buddy and I found a very large, very full box of flies in a remote location with no ID on it. It took us one and a half years to find out who owned it.)
brent

One of my buddies just lost his favorite fly box by leaving it on his truck, thus losing it somewhere on the highway, so this is highly recommended.

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply