It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 26 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:37 am • # 21 

Thanks! Don't do much fishing with the heavier equipment anymore since I've come into the "light".

Harry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:38 pm • # 22 

polar vortex still going on strong here in louisiana.....turned on the air conditioner......sweating like a horse while fishing.....shoulder pain,maybe caused by vortex or all these silly bass and crappie bending my fly rod....me thinks the spawn is around the corner....AND a nice looking walleye picture above.Gotta love those leech imitations,they work for everything. Now that I've gotten Brent stirred up .......last summer while fishing I watched this brown ribbon with maroon dots come swimming toward me like a flowing ribbon in the water. Stopped fishing and netted it......it was a leech about 4-6 inches long. Coolest thing I have ever seen. A plastic grub swimming through the water is as close as I can describe its motion.....but the second I touched it ,it balled up. I wish I had a video. I have a picture but dont remember how to post them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:51 pm • # 23 

joe the plumber wrote:
. Now that I've gotten Brent stirred up ......

Mission accomplished! :applause :applause :lol
brent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:27 am • # 24 

Finally got to go fishing for the first time this season, and it was everything I could have hoped for!

The auger almost wasn't long enough to get through the 28" of ice.

I hope to fish open water by mid-June.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:10 am • # 25 

Glad you had a good first outing of the year, Ika. I've had mine too the other day. Not a lot to talk about, but I had a great time just being out there. haha

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:28 am • # 26 

Kresge wrote:
Glad you had a good first outing of the year, Ika. I've had mine too the other day. Not a lot to talk about, but I had a great time just being out there. haha

Thanks! It actually was a pretty nice outing -- sunny, calm, not too cold, only a couple of other folks out on the lake and the trout were biting steadily. Two holes kept me busy enough that I didn't need to drill any more. Took home a limit (hatchery rainbows) and released a lot more. I prefer open water but I can't complain too much about days like that.

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 26 posts ] New Topic Add Reply