All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 23 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Re: Rod question
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:52 pm • # 21 

If you want to call it ultralight go for it

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:29 pm • # 22 

FlyRod,
Sorry it took so long to respond to your question, I have been meaning to for some time now. I think I have an explanation that may clarify things here. You see we UL guys all have one thing in common, very small poles, they are smaller, thinner and in most cases kind of limp compared to some of our heftier brothers out there but at the very base of our rods you can still find that little round object that still contain that very essence of our sport just like the stronger heftier guys do! When you come around here using the “T” word I think some of us feel very defensive and afraid that you might think it is ok to remove our little pride and joy from our short little noodle rods!!
YOU SIR have asked us to go from Ultra Light to Ultra-Ultra Light and in doing so you have essentially have forced us to come to terms with the idea that we are about 3 oz away from becoming..... well god knows what!!! The only way you will ever get this mans “reel” off his rod is to pull it from my cold dead hands!! and one more thing fyi; don't ever say the word "spay" any where near here, got it?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:06 pm • # 23 

Hey xnyKid, I like your break down & I agree.I have been throwing 3wt & down for a lot of yrs. I finally settled on a 1wt that I use more than any of my other rod.I started the rod post to get some answers, I pissed off some members was told ( I cant say that on the site ).Well it seems a lot of other can & did talk about tenkara here with no problem. My question was answered by a well know master flycaster. A tenkara rod would equal out to about a 0000 flyrod. I will never give up my rod & the little round thing on the big end. All tenkara does is expand & help us use our western gear better & giver us another weapon in our effort to feel the jerk on the end of the line. :)
Dennis

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 23 posts ] New Topic Add Reply