It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Scott G 1wt and 2wt rods
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:43 pm • # 1 

I'm not able to find much information on these here on the forum. Any of you guys fishing these little Scott G 1wt, 2wt rods? My experience with any Scott rod is great but hope to hear some feedback on these lower weight fly rods.

Russ

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:30 pm • # 2 

Im wondering if a Scott G 701/3 will actually throw a 1wt line?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:11 pm • # 3 

"Im wondering if a Scott G 701/3 will actually throw a 1wt line?"

Absolutely,,, however, it may depend upon your individual casting style.
If one uses the flex the wrist or windshield wiper cast, it will be a struggle.
The more efficient speed-up-and-stop with high rod stop angle will easily cast a 1wt line with tight loops.

Regards,
FK

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:46 pm • # 4 

Thanks FK! I don't even own a 1wt line yet and just assumed the rod was actually a 2wt? I did purchase the Scott G 701/3 and have only tried a 3wt line on it. It's a great little rod and I'm excited to spend some more time with it.

Anyone recommend a great fly line for it? Excited to get it fishing!

Russ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:45 pm • # 5 

myfly wrote:
Thanks FK! I don't even own a 1wt line yet and just assumed the rod was actually a 2wt? I did purchase the Scott G 701/3 and have only tried a 3wt line on it. It's a great little rod and I'm excited to spend some more time with it.

Russ

Scott rod company uses Airflo Elite lines on their G Series. I must say its a wonderful line for that rod because that rod is not built for 100 ft. casts, and neither is that line. When Scott came to Boulder with the new G, I was blown away with the 3wts, as well as the 4wts. I tested different lengths in each weight class and found the longer the rod, the stiffer it became. But each rod lined with the Airflo Elite performed very well.

I'm glad Scott uses these lines, because its the only line I use, and I have no complaints. Rides high, shoots nice, less cleaning and deet, UV light, and sunscreen won't damage the line because it made of polyurethane, so it won't crack like PVC lines after a few years.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:41 pm • # 6 

Iasgair wrote:
myfly wrote:

Russ

Scott rod company uses Airflo Elite lines on their G Series. I must say its a wonderful line for that rod because that rod is not built for 100 ft. casts, and neither is that line. When Scott came to Boulder with the new G, I was blown away with the 3wts, as well as the 4wts. I tested different lengths in each weight class and found the longer the rod, the stiffer it became. But each rod lined with the Airflo Elite performed very well.

I'm glad Scott uses these lines, because its the only line I use, and I have no complaints. Rides high, shoots nice, less cleaning and deet, UV light, and sunscreen won't damage the line because it made of polyurethane, so it won't crack like PVC lines after a few years.

Whoops, sorry I missed your post! I will give one a try. Can’t wait to spend some xtra time with that little Scott G 1wt!

Thanks,

Russ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:20 pm • # 7 

Iasgair wrote:
myfly wrote:

Russ

Can you tell me about the Scott G Series 843? I am planning on testing it out when I come to Denver this summer. What are your thoughts?

Tight Lines
Jim

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ] New Topic Add Reply