It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Cabela 3 Forks Fly line
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:45 am • # 1 

Cabela 3 Forks Fly Line is on sale and has been for a while for $15, normally $25. I purchased one
just to try it out. I happened to fish this line one night when we had some cold weather and noticed it stayed
more pliable than my Cabela's Prestige Plus fly line in the cold.
I applied Turtle Wax to the line and that picked up the performance allowing a better "shoot".
Looking forward to more cold weather to further evaluate the line's cold weather performance.

I've picked up weight's 3, 4 ,5 and 6 and a 10wt for some shooting head experimentation.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:47 am • # 2 

I suspect our versions of cold may be a tad different given our latitudes, but I have never had problems with Cabela's lines in what I would call cold weather up this way. I have had some of my higher dollar stuff get a bit stiffer though, but sometimes thats not a terrible thing as it seems to avoid tangling a little better. I was fishing a Cabela's Prestige line (the cheap one) last weekend as backing to the mono rig on my nymph rod and it remined pliable when I stripped off line and made a longer cast or drift. Air temps were low to mid 50s, water temps high 30s.

When you apply wax to the lines are you using paste or liquid wax?

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ] New Topic Add Reply