It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:26 pm • # 1 

I recently bought a Hanak Superlight 3 weight 9'6. I will most use this for euronymphing but I like to have a floater with me to keep my options open.

I live in NZ and will use this rod to fish small streams. The fish range from 1.5 to 3 lbs and I mostly use 14-16 size dry flies and nymphs, with bigger flies for the terrestrials in the summer.

What floating line do you think will go well with this rod? It will be particularly helpful to hear from those of you who have this rod.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:02 pm • # 2 

I have been very happy with Barrio Small Stream line, available from Scotland (shipping is free worldwide). This line is one that I have found works well with a lot of rods. I've had rods that are very finicky about which line will work well, but the Barrio seems to work with anything I have tried it on, whether fast action or slow. This line is significantly less expensive than some of the better known brands, but Barrio has no middlemen between him and his customers. Available at flylineshop.com. The Small Stream line is a weight forward line. He also offers double taper line in his Mallard line, but I have not found it as useful for most of my fishing. I am not familiar with your rod, in fact I have never heard of it, but I think you would like the Small Stream line.

Larry

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ] New Topic Add Reply