It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Furled Leader Board
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:49 pm • # 1 

As promised, I am going to post a few pictures of my powered furled leader board.

The first picture is a shot down the board from the power head. The board is fully adjustable for anylength leader up to about 9 feet. I added a self sticking tape measure so you dont have to look for one every time you change leader sizes.
The next shot shows the power head. Both hooks rotate the same direction. The power is supplied by an old sewing machine motor.
The next shot shows the end pin. This is the tip end of the leader when finished. The post is removeable for furling the leader. The hook on the post is where you put the leader while furling. The hooh is made from a couple of large snap swivels so the leader caform as the butt end is twisted.
This picture shows the far end of the board where the tention line goes to the weight.
This is the weight that holds tention on the leader while furling. I use different weights depending on the material being furled.
This shows the leader just before the furling begins. The tippet spool keeps each leg seperate so it does not twist together too soon. The end pin has been removed.
And finally, the finished product.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:59 pm • # 2 
Administrator

As an University of Arkansas alum, I approve of your brand! Image
BTW very cool system.
Les

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:03 pm • # 3 

I love that Brad! What is your pricing, and maybe we can drum up some business for you! I am open for a couple ;)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:55 pm • # 4 

flyflingerandy1 wrote:
I love that Brad! What is your pricing, and maybe we can drum up some business for you! I am open for a couple ;)
Standard thread leaders 5' or 6'6" suitable for 3-6 wt rods $6.00 each. That is what is in the picture...I can produce 2-4 wt leaders, in thread, but currently in a limited color selection....tan. More materials should be arriving this week. Uni-thread leaders 5' or 6'6" $7.00 each. These can be made for 2-4 0r 3-6 wts.

I am also producing some leaders out of clear polyester thread. I have used these on the 2wt for dry fly fishing and really like them. They don't float, but ride just under the surface. Price for these will be $7.00 each.

If anyone would like to order some, just let me know.

Thanks,
Brad

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:31 pm • # 5 

Thanks Brad. I appreciate it. I may well be contacting you shortly for some leaders!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:31 pm • # 6 
Administrator

Very cool setup Brad!

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply