It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:03 pm • # 1 
Administrator

All,
I received this note from Stephen Woodcock, Fly fishing Manager at Backwoods here in Ft Worth Texas-

"Billy Munn one of the best (if not the best) spun deer hair fly tiers and longstanding Fort Worth fly fishing club member died this morning at 2.00am after a long battle with cancer, diabetes and other complications.
Billy was a very generous man with his time, knowledge and willingness to teach anyone how to tie flies. He often attended the Mountain Home conclave and also the Sow bug round up.
He was married to his wife Shirley Munn for 59 years and they both became good friends over the 25 years I knew them.
I'm feel lucky to have known Billy over the years and I will never forget his laid back Texas drawl and the fly tying skills he willingly passed onto me.
He will be missed
Please pass this onto the club members for me and anyone else who might have known him.
Currently I have no information from the family about any services in in honor of Billy Munn"

Les

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:32 pm • # 2 

I didn't personally know him but saw him tie at Mountain Home several times. He was The Michelangelo of deer hair tying.

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ] New Topic Add Reply