It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:47 am • # 1 

Made a short trip to Belton and fished Nolan Creek with a buddy I met on TFF on Friday, this may have been my last trip out in TX. I was armed with my TFO Finesse 2wt, and he had a 5/6wt. I started out with a Popper with a Briminator dropper. My normal go to set up. It didn't work to well on Friday for some reason.so I switched out to a trout magnet soft plastic on a 1/80 oz jig head, with a strike indicator about 4' up. Here are a few of the results mixed in with the Popper and Briminator.
We only fished for about 3 hrs from noon to 3pm. Was a great day fishing. Spent Saturday manning the garage sale and doing the same today.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:08 am • # 2 

Nice size fish. 1/80 oz on a 2 wt must take some effort to cast, and then throw in the weight of the plastic! Well, except for winter freeze outs, your on to some
exciting fishing in Virginia. Thanks for all the Texas posts, and before that the Colorado posts. Looking forward to the Virginia posts.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:08 am • # 3 

Thanks Jim, I'll keep them coming. You should go farther back, and check out my Honduras reports.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:06 pm • # 4 

Looks like a fabulous day. Don't be a stranger and safe travels back east!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:22 am • # 5 

This was officially my last trip in TX. Currently on unpacking, in Blacksburg Va. still have my house in Killeen. 3 days before closing under contract, buyer's financing was disapproved so it's back on the market unfortunately. Should get my drivers liscense tomorrow, and submit my application to get my veterans hunting and fishing license shortly after that. Have my interview today for a full time position at the Orvis service center in Roanoke, Va. what shame luck. And for all those in Texas effected by Harvey, stay safe and dry!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:17 pm • # 6 

Beautiful fish!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:11 am • # 7 

Well I was offered the position as a Maintenance tech in the Orvis Service Center in Roanoke Va. Second shift. Just waiting on my background check to go thru before I start working next week. I have a temporary va drivers liscene that should allow me to get my fishing license today. But I'm not happy with the way Va works there liscene. I need to get a inland freshwater license, trout license, state land license, national forest license all of which I have to pay for, then there are 3 special regulation license that are free.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:38 pm • # 8 

First, may I say congatulations on the job with Orvis! I hope your house sells soon as well.

That seems over the top though with all those licenses. It seems to me they found a way to really rip off people by doing it that way. I hope it isn't an arm and a leg to purchase all those.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:13 pm • # 9 

More than I have ever paid for a fishing license. $71 but was able to print it out and going to hit someplace tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:49 am • # 10 

Congrats on the job! Figured that would work out for you! Superfine glass and n your future?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:28 am • # 11 

Maybe a carbon, not much of a glass or grass guy.

Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ] New Topic Add Reply