It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: First trip since Irma
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:06 am • # 1 

She was projected to make landfall just south of me and travel right over my head. She ended up moving eastward, barely a category 3 when she hit us. Things are now just returning to normal here.

My favorite little bluegill pond was still closed for business. I was immediately mobbed by a cloud of mosquitoes.

I'd never fished this pond. The water level was high. Landing fish would be tricky. Everything I hooked ended up lost to the grass!

Did manage a bluegill and this guy!

Please remember the people affected by this storm in your prayers. There are many places where it will be some considerable time before they return to "normal".

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:03 am • # 2 

Glad youband yours are okay. My Rockport family just got power back two weeks after Harvey, but four weeks ahead of initial projections. Those linemen are heroic.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:13 pm • # 3 

So glad you made it through Irma without incident strummer.

I'm a little surprised by the lack of support from the general public for Harvey and Irma victims. I actually thought that televised fund drive with all the celebs would raise too much money, if there is such a thing, still my wife and I gave. I think it only brought in $40 million.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:33 am • # 4 

Once the hurricanes are over and the pics of the devastation are shown, then the news media loses interest and reports more important and interesting news, like what kind of heels Melania Trump is wearing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:15 pm • # 5 

Knotty wrote:
So glad you made it through Irma without incident strummer.

I'm a little surprised by the lack of support from the general public for Harvey and Irma victims. I actually thought that televised fund drive with all the celebs would raise too much money, if there is such a thing, still my wife and I gave. I think it only brought in $40 million.

Thanks, man.

I just read JJ Watt has raised over 37 million for Houston! That's an amazing story!

I wonder if people's lack of trust for fundraisers is playing into this.

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ] New Topic Add Reply