It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Leviathan?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:51 pm • # 1 

I picked up the latest issue of Angler's Journal the other day. I came across a page that piqued my curiosity.

I own various bibles both analog and digital so I was able to look up the passage. Turns out there are no stipulations regarding species, type of tackle, or any duration of time. Can you pull in leviathan with a fishook? is all that is presented.

Challenge accepted.

Day One

The Book of Job (rhymes with robe) simplified: the devil says Job is faithful only because God has blessed him with all kinds of stuff. Take it all away, and he won't be pious any longer. God says okay, take it away, but don't take his life...

It's groundhog day. This crappie saw it's shadow, so I'm assuming we'll have six more weeks of winter. That's a good thing.

I fished. There were sunfish and crappie, but no leviathan. I'm not sure it lives in such a small body of water. A bass caused a commotion around a brush pile. I walked over to fish it, unaware of what was there. Ended the trip soon after.

Day Two

Started earlier than the day before. The bluegill were cooperative. Landed ten total.

A few crappie to boot

And the first bass of the year

I wonder if "Leviathan" was responsible for this

Leviathan seems subjective. I mean, how many people give you that "yeah, but it's just a bluegill" look when you talk about that really nice one you landed? Land an IGFA record sunfish, and they'll still give you that same stare. Regardless, I'm gonna find it and I'm gonna pull it in with a fishhook. Since the drag is seized on my 8wt. reel, it's going to have to be pulled in with the 2wt..

To be continued...

Post subject: Re: Leviathan?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:31 pm • # 2 

Looking for a leviathan? Time to hit the salt.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:22 am • # 3 

All things are relative. Therefore, what might not seem like a leviathan with a 12-weight could feel like one on a 2-weight. Isn't that what UL is all about?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:56 pm • # 4 

PampasPete wrote:
All things are relative. Therefore, what might not seem like a leviathan with a 12-weight could feel like one on a 2-weight. Isn't that what UL is all about?

It's Sunday. I'm stuck on a tugboat. I feel as if I have been to church. Awesome!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:45 am • # 5 

Knotty wrote:
Looking for a leviathan? Time to hit the salt.

I would but my 8wt. reel is seized! I'd have to land it with a 6wt.

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ] New Topic Add Reply