It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Home sweet home.....
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:40 pm • # 1 

In four days of hard fishing in the Hill Country, neither Kurt nor I caught more than 5 fish total. We had so looked forward to that trip, but the weather really let us down. We went out to our favorite local stream, Rock Creek in the Chickasaw National Recreation Area, on Sunday. I used my new 6'6" 2/3 weight S-glass rod built for me by my friend Mike, using a 3WF Barrio Small Stream line. Kurt used his Headwaters 6'6" 3 weight bamboo, also with the same line. We both managed to catch at least 20 sunfish, mostly longears and bluegills. It was interesting to note that all the longears I caught came from one side of the stream, and the bluegills from the other side of the stream. The longears were caught on the shallower side of the stream. I don't know if this just coincidence, or what might account for the segregation of the 2 types of sunfish. I was hoping to get into some spotted bass or smallmouth, but by the time we had worked our way up to the most likely place to achieve that goal we ran into a couple of guys fishing conventional tackle that had been working the area over for a long time without result. Although this stream is right on the edge of town, and runs through a national park area, we seldom ever see any other fishermen on this stream. Which is a large part of why we like this stream so much. Good to be home, catching fish again.

Larry

Post subject: Re: Home sweet home.....
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 9:49 am • # 2 

Nice report Larry, glad you're happy and catching again after that let down.

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ] New Topic Add Reply