It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:29 pm • # 1 

Walk out the door and find these guys enjoying breakfast. It's already a good trip!

Indeed, it's a good trip

If you're lucky enough to be able to pull up to the water and fish, make sure you leave some room for your back cast. I don't know if you can see it, but that's my fly wrapped around my antenna mast.

I free the fly, walk to my rod, start a forward cast, and TAP (that's the back of my hat)

The wind started to pick up. Of course, it's blowing across my opposite shoulder. One gust sends the fly off it's course and into my back.

I can't reach the fly to remove it from my shirt, so I decide it's probably a good time to head back. The night before, the mailman dropped off a "new" record and it was now a good time to check it out

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:38 pm • # 2 

That's a nice bass! Congratulations!

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:43 pm • # 3 

NIce Bass. Looks like it might have eggs; getting ready for the spawn.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:17 am • # 4 

Good report, nice bass. That fly digs you. I once had a fly into my back, I could not remove my shirt because the fly had buried itself into my back. Had to head back to camp and have someone remove it. No barb but it stuck in good.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:39 am • # 5 

Nice bass....enjoyed the report. Sounds like one of typical trips....snag a tree..climb said tree or break off my line...tie on another fly ,snag same tree a little higher...decisions decisions :lol :lol :lol :lol makes you wonder if taking up golf would be easier.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:34 am • # 6 

Hah! Great report! If you're going to snag a car, its ideal to hook one that's parked. Beautiful fish! Your pictures reminded me of how small the whitetails are in Florida, and how big the bass are. Our situation is the opposite, and I prefer yours, especially now that I no longer hunt deer but continue to encounter them on the road at night.
Keep those reports coming; I awoke to -25C this morning, but you guys are giving me hope.
brrrrrent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:14 pm • # 7 

joe the plumber wrote:
Nice bass....enjoyed the report. Sounds like one of typical trips....snag a tree..climb said tree or break off my line...tie on another fly ,snag same tree a little higher...decisions decisions :lol :lol :lol :lol makes you wonder if taking up golf would be easier.

Maybe for you. I found that I spend more time in the trees when I'm golfing...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:54 am • # 8 

wheezeburnt wrote:
Hah! Great report! If you're going to snag a car, its ideal to hook one that's parked. Beautiful fish! Your pictures reminded me of how small the whitetails are in Florida, and how big the bass are. Our situation is the opposite, and I prefer yours, especially now that I no longer hunt deer but continue to encounter them on the road at night.
Keep those reports coming; I awoke to -25C this morning, but you guys are giving me hope.
brrrrrent

I didnt go fishing but I did a 20 mile bicycle ride wearing shorts and a t-shirt yesterday .

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:14 am • # 9 

jangles wrote:
I didnt go fishing but I did a 20 mile bicycle ride wearing shorts and a t-shirt yesterday .

:applause Next best thing!

Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ] New Topic Add Reply