It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:20 am • # 1 

Hey Guys and Gals, Mark P. from RDP rods is building me a new 7'6" 1wt......his rods are a Fire/Orange Tiger stripe with beige or tan banding. (I'm sure most of you are familiar with what they look like.) I'm having a lot of trouble trying to decide on the best thread wrap colors that would really make the rod look sharp. Could I get some suggestions? I'm also having a problem deciding on the reel seat insert. Any suggestions?

This rod for me has been a bunch of give and take in deciding. Unfortunately I have a budget, so I can't spend tons of money on lighter components although final weight is very important to me. So I've basically had to look at two things here......first and foremost, FUNCTION, and then cosmetics.
So for personal reasons, I'm having it built like this: All Black/Nickel Finish components. 6 1/2" Full Wells grip, downlocking reel seat, single foot guides, and either a ceramic or Agate stripper guide.
Any tips, suggestions, hints, anything, would be very very much appreciated. Thank you all.

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ] New Topic Add Reply