It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:06 am • # 1 

I'm having an RDP 1wt built, and for the life of me can't decide on what would best match it's blank in terms of cosmetics. I'll be putting an Orvis Battenkill on it, I'm sure all of you are familiar with its "Gun metal" Finish. Would a "Blued" reel seat match up nice, along with matching guides? Chrome/Silver hardware? (Although I kinda don't like how that color reflects so much sunlight.) Besides Fly tying, I don't have an artistic bone in my body, and can't visualize it in my head. Mark Prewitt from RDP is kind enough to have sent me a piece of the blank so to get a better look at it, and I hope that helps. I think the color of the Battenkill is throwing me off. If it was straight silver or flat black I'd probably have chosen the hardware color by now. Lolol. As far as reel inserts, I want something way different than the typical "Rosewood" colors we see on every other rod these days. (I'm not saying anything bad about the color, it's just generic.)....although I'm told Rosewood would look great on the rod. I've been leaning towards a "Spalted Sycamore" or "Spalted Maple" color. Both are extremely light colored, almost as light as cork, but with beautiful deep, dark, and Rick thin streaks working as highlights running through it. The streaks aren't over powering either, only a couple of them, real snazzy. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. Also, besides having to shell out extra money on titanium guides to match the Gun metal finish if I choose that route, does anyone know where I could purchase standard single foot guides that have a Gun Metal/Gun smoke/titanium finish??? If anyone has any thread wrap color ideas, or better yet pictures of finished RDP rods, I would LOVE to see them. Thank you all so much once again. - Justin A.

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ] New Topic Add Reply