It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:33 am • # 1 
Administrator

I had made a decision back in January of this year (2010) to change a rule about Commercial sellers placing ads in our Classified section. In my mind it also extends to the rest of the forums on this site. Placing a commercial ad in any forum is nothing more than a form of spam even if it is fishing related and the rules prohibit commercial sellers from doing so.

Now let me explain why I decided to do this. I wanted this site, from the very beginning to be independent and without influence from businesses. We have sellers that want to advertise their wares here, for free I might add, and it pisses me off. I don't make a dime from this venture, nor do Les, and Jerry get paid or receive any compensation whatsoever. We all three do this because we love it, and we want this site to benefit it's members. I feel taken advantage of by commercial sellers that want to make money through this site. It would be one thing if we sold advertising space, but we don't. Like I said, I don't want any commercial influence driving this site AT ALL!

So the policy on commercial ads, spam, and selling on here will remain in place. I will not place new commercial links on the links page. The ones that are there will stay there for now, but no new ones. I will have a meeting with Jerry, and Les in which we will try to decide what to do with the whole issue.

For those who haven't read the policy, here it is. This also includes dropping any ad in any other forum on the board.

"Ads from commercial sellers are strictly prohibited. Any commercial ads by any commercial seller will result in a deletion of your ad, and you will be permanently locked out of the Classified forum. I define a commercial seller as someone who is making at least a partial personal income by selling gear."

For all selling rules please see this. http://ultralightflyfishing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?&t=122

Thanks,
J.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:55 am • # 2 
Administrator

I've decided to make a small change to the above. Fishing related businesses may post about their products as long as it isn't just blatant spamming. I would expect members with a fishing related business to post just like regular members do and contribute to discussions, not just put up links to products.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:52 pm • # 3 

Thanks, Jeremy. I don't have anything to sell yet, but I will down the road -- stuff I think forum members will really appreciate it. Just enjoying learning and meeting folks right now! And if you ever decide you want some limited advertising revenue, please be sure to PM me.

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply