It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Go to page 1, 2  Next   Page 1 of 2   [ 24 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:29 pm • # 1 

This time ultralight again! A great day on the water with friends - enjoy! :-)

Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08zIX7N_19U

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:19 pm • # 2 

You have some beautiful streams where you are. I could easily be at home in those places.

Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:36 pm • # 3 

Very enjoyable.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:14 pm • # 4 

You don't look very much like your picture. :lol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:23 pm • # 5 

Love the video and scenery thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:04 pm • # 6 

Do you film the same stream in different locations, or different streams in all your films?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:57 pm • # 7 

Cool vid....fly casting IS fly fishing. Sweet work in tight quarters.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:21 am • # 8 

Thanks Iasgair, wheezeburnt, linecaster, Joe!!! I really love this forum for its enthusiasm towards small stream fishing - awesome!!!

@Cliff: I wish I would look as beautiful as Laura Palmer - reality is more leaning towards Leland Palmer:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/DbjylFybzGg/hqdefault.jpg

@Iasgair: every video ist shot on a different stream; which could be a positive thing: lots of nice streams around me - or a negative one: they all look the same anyway! :lol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:37 am • # 9 

Enjoyed it. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:27 am • # 10 

I'm completely wowed -- by the videography and editing; by the casting in those tight quarters; by the scenery. Awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:11 am • # 11 

I have one suggestion though. In your videos I see many hook ups on fish, but you rarely show those little gems. So my suggestion is, please show the fish more. It's like teasing the viewer when we see the fisherman set the hook, and then it goes into a new area on the stream. Kind of like sending a child into a toy store and telling him/her they can't buy anything.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:52 pm • # 12 

Nice video! Is that in the USA ?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:08 pm • # 13 

Enjoyed the video. Amazing how you are able to cast in such places. Thanks much for posting.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:19 am • # 14 

Thanks Ablecane, TXH2Oman, SoCalTroutbum, Jim! As said before I really appreciate your positive feedback and general appreciation for that kind of fishing.

I´m from Austria (few miles from where Schwarzenegger is born...). We have loads of that kind of fishing, so it´s only natural people prefer big rivers with big fish instead :D

@Iasgair: I thought about that too, but I only would do it with perfect shots, no GoPro footage etc. So I would have to put the fish in a net and change lens(I film with fixed focal length lens only) or a have a second DSLR with a 50 or 80 mm lens on it with me (well my gf would have to...). I don´t own a second camera and I don´t even own a net :D The fish are beautiful - very small tho, a foot long brookie or brown is a rare giant, average size is under 8"...

Cheers!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:10 am • # 15 

Laura, every reason you have stated for not filming the fish shows me that you really respect the well being and safety of the fish above all else. I think that shows maturity in your fishing style and I applaude you. Well done and thank you. Keep the videos coming.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:30 pm • # 16 

Curious -- what is that pretty little reel you were using?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:39 am • # 17 

Iasgair: thanks - I try to not lift a fish out of the water for most of the time, except I plan on eating it, which nowadays happens 1/1000 of times... It´s weird to be adressed as "Laura" - I guess, despite being a huge Twin Peaks fan, I should have thought about that side effect of the nick earlier... Real name would be Gerhard.

TXH20man: It´s a Vosseler RC2 - a very basic reel manufactured in Germany, which sells very cheap. I use them in different sizes for all my fishing. I don´t think they ever made it to the states; guy producing them isn´t a marketing genius... They don´t have a brake system, but a maintainence free mechanism to prevent the reel from overrunning...

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/ ... l/vos7.jpg

http://www.fliegenfischer-forum.de/geraet/vossel13.jpg

http://www.troutline.ro/media/catalog/p ... lver_1.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:07 pm • # 18 

LauraPalmer wrote:
Iasgair: thanks - I try to not lift a fish out of the water for most of the time, except I plan on eating it, which nowadays happens 1/1000 of times... It´s weird to be adressed as "Laura" - I guess, despite being a huge Twin Peaks fan, I should have thought about that side effect of the nick earlier... Real name would be Gerhard.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/ ... l/vos7.jpg

http://www.fliegenfischer-forum.de/geraet/vossel13.jpg

http://www.troutline.ro/media/catalog/p ... lver_1.jpg

Yeah, I bet there are many people who would like to change their user name.

Those are nice looking reels. They look as though they do the job for what you need them to do.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:00 am • # 19 

Gerhard, so the reel functions like a click and pawl but the maintenance free system is an improvement over the click and pawl.
I had to google laura palmer-twin peaks. Looks like it was a tv show or something in the early nineties.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:47 pm • # 20 

Yes, it was a t.v. show, but didn't last very long. It had a small but loyal following. It was a show that had strange things happening in the town of Twin Peaks. Almost like a Twilight Zone or The Outer Limits type stories, but it all took place in this one town if I remember right. I watched maybe half an episode and never went back to it.

When it first aired I thought it was a fictional town in Colorado because Long's Peak and Meekers Point are next to each other, and they are called the Twin Peaks.

Go to page 1, 2  Next   Page 1 of 2   [ 24 posts ] New Topic Add Reply