It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 24 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:21 pm • # 21 

Thanks Lasgair for the explanation. The description I got from google ..... it sounded weird and sort of fits in with the Twilight Zone.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:17 am • # 22 

C'mon guys ... David Lynch? Where have y'all BEEN?! -- Tying flies or chucking them, one presumes. ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:39 am • # 23 

JimRed wrote:
Gerhard, so the reel functions like a click and pawl but the maintenance free system is an improvement over the click and pawl.

It is an improvment in durability and simplicity, however if you like the crisp sound of a Hardy or for example the new Ross Reels Colorado LT... The sound is there, but it´s not very loud. Line in and line out is the same in sound and resistence. But no bells and whistles - just what I like about a reel. And they are way cheaper than quite a few Asia made and labelled reels. Around 100 Euros which should be around 110 USD I suppose. RC is for "Rim Control" btw...

I´m a big fan of David Lynch and I watch the first season of that show once every year - that guy is a genius. The fictional town of Twin Peaks is supposed to be in Washington - there are episodes where they cross the boarder to Canada.

Cheers

Gerhard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:58 pm • # 24 

Vosseler reels have made it to the states. They can be found at americanflyand tackle.com or bigyfly.com. I got mine at BigYFly. Very smooth reel. Instead of click and pawl, has some little rubber nubs down in the hub. Makes an almost inaudible purr. No drag adjustment, same resistance both ways. Very well made. They are a little difficult to pop apart, especially when you have arthritis in your thumbs like I do.

Larry

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 24 posts ] New Topic Add Reply