It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:48 pm

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: WTB Greys Streamflex
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:59 pm • # 1 

Looking for a Greys 10ft 2wt Streamflex. Have a 4wt that I love, think the 2wt would be a blast to fish. Let me know if you have one you'd like to part with.

Caleb

Post subject: Re: WTB Greys Streamflex
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:59 am • # 2 

I have two of them, one mine and one my wife's, and can say without a doubt you will love this rod. It will do Czech style nymphing as well as dry fly fishing wonderfully. If you can't find one here, I would check eBay or go for a new one, it's worth it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:10 pm • # 3 

Found one earlier this morning. Can't wait to string it up. What line would you recommend? When I nymph I fish a really long leader so fly line isn't a factor. Would like to throw some dries/emerges as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:57 pm • # 4 

Olc55 wrote:
Found one earlier this morning. Can't wait to string it up. What line would you recommend? When I nymph I fish a really long leader so fly line isn't a factor. Would like to throw some dries/emerges as well.

A 2 or 3 wt. works fine. I have one set up with a DT 2 wt. and the other that I use for Euro nymphing has a 10' leader section followed by 25' of 15# amnesia attached to a floating running line used for shooting heads. Even set up like this I can "cast" a dry fly about 20'. It is a strong rod and for me handles 16" to 20" trout almost every day yet a small gill still puts a big fight into your hands. You will love it.

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply