It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Photo Bucket
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:42 pm • # 1 

Suggestions please, I have been using Photo Bucket for about 10 tears for editing and uploading foto's but since they have added adverts my uploading has slowed to zero and when I want to copy to Ultra light or another forum it comes out with the Url. The site keeps telling me to subscribe to an upgrade which I am not inclined to do. What has been your experience? Any suggestions to some other web site?

Post subject: Re: Photo Bucket
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:26 am • # 2 

It got so slow, I also stopped using it. I'm using imgur right now. It has the same features.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:11 am • # 3 

I only use Photo Bucket for forums that require it. It has become terribly slow and unstable. Sometimes I'll go to it and all my thumbnails will have icons saying the images are missing. Fortunately thats not the case.

I highly recommend getting a free Gmail account and then using Google Photos. You get unlimited image storage, if you let them manage the image size for you. I haven't found that to be a problem. If you want to keep all pics at full resolution, then you get 5 Gigs of free storage and can pay a very reasonable price for more.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:44 pm • # 4 

I use photo bucket with my smart phone, (which is smarter than me), and have problems. When we used the internet with computer (which is outdated and no longer use) and Microsoft office photo program I don't recall any problems! I do have a Gmail account and have Google photos, but guess I need to figure out how to use it! Any suggestions how to learn the program?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:12 pm • # 5 

Thanks for the replies, I have many many photos on Photobucket that are now ging to be useless. Pity, will have to look at the suggsted sites. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:25 pm • # 6 

yeah, Photobucket recently changed their terms of service and they no longer allow 3rd party hosting, so any embedded photos will no longer display on forums. I started using postimage and it seems to be working ok for me. I imagine at some point they will either go out of business or they will also change their terms of service but until then I will probably keep using it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:25 am • # 7 

Teledan wrote:
yeah, Photobucket recently changed their terms of service and they no longer allow 3rd party hosting, so any embedded photos will no longer display on forums. I started using postimage and this seems to be working ok for me. I imagine at some point they will either go out of business or they will also change their terms of service but until then I will probably keep using it.

I do the same. Works for me!

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ] New Topic Add Reply