It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:12 am • # 1 

...and anyone else who celebrates Thanksgiving today. I wish you all a day of peace, reflection and appreciation of the people and things that contribute to a wondrous life. (and of course I wish you a moderate amount of gluttonous excess ;) )
brent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:26 am • # 2 

Thank you Brent, you're also one we can be thankful for on this forum, always giving positive comments and views and opinions.
Happy Thanksgiving to all on this forum, there is always things to be thankful for to our God and our friends.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:37 am • # 3 

" always giving positive comments and views and opinions."

HA!! Brent always torments me with his nasty remarks on everything I post!!! >:D He is always hurting my tender and sensitive feelings. :'( But Happy Thanksgiving anyway. ;) I'd be out fishing today if I didn't have to go to dinner at some friends' (yes, I actually do have some friends, not many but a few) house today and stuff myself with turkey, sweet potatoes, wine and many delicious deserts. Life is just so unfair.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:53 pm • # 4 

Thanks Brent, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:30 pm • # 5 

I was wishing I was fishing on Thanksgiving Day because the turkey was extremely dry, the dressing was just as dry and the mashed potatoes were the only thing that had moisture because they had about 1# of butter in them (those yankees from Minnesota don't know how to cook). But the pecan pie and cheescake were delicious (store bought)! If I had been fishing I wouldn't have gained 5# on Thursday. I planned on going fishing yesterday for my 73rd birthday but on Saturday I cut down a 40 year old tree in my front yard and while doing so I tripped, fell down and I think I fractured a rib - so no fishing yesterday. Besides the wind was blowing 15-35 yesterday. But there's always next week....... :lol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:54 pm • # 6 

Cliff: sorry to hear about your rib. They're painful and slow to repair. (had a few in my day). coughing/sneezing/laughing are all ill-advised. In the case of the latter, I STRONGLY recommend you avoid all mirrors til you're fully mended. :lol
Seriously, bud, take care of yourself. You're no spring chicken and boy do we dry old turkeys heal slowly.
brent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:02 am • # 7 

Brent, I never look at mirrors anyway, I don't want to see how old and ugly I am. Yes, I most certainly know how much longer it takes us old turkeys to heal than it used to when we were young back in the 1800s. :lol

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ] New Topic Add Reply