It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:27 am • # 1 
Administrator

Here's an idea:  FREE  It's good deed and a good deal. If someone has too much of something and can share some or a few, why not.
There are many WTB and WTT threads, but the emphasis is on getting something. In contrast with this concept, the emphasis is on clearing out and trading to a like-minded soul. 

New rules -new deal I have a new proposal. Let's offer up items which are free, but the recipient can chose three options for covering the cost of shipping- 1) contribute to the site 2) Require payment for covering the cost of shipping a heavy item  or 3) Add your own "free to you" item to replace the one given. That solves the problem of something given but nothing replacing the item taken. It helps keep a fresh running inventory of items from which to choose. Obviously if you're feeling generous, a donation as well as a replacement item is ideal, but it's up to you...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:46 am • # 2 

keebranch wrote:
Here's an idea: Free, you pay the postage. It's good deed and a good deal. If someone has too much of something and can share some or a few, why not.
There are many WTB and WTT threads, but the emphasis is on getting something. In contrast with this concept, the emphasis is on clearing out and trading to a like-minded soul. The cost -the postage.
Les,
I love the idea. As a couple folks here know, I prefer to "give away" or trade as opposed to selling, so I will definitely be posting here soon. I will say that some of the flies, etc I will offer are not UL in nature. As I will soon post, I have minimized my tying area (I'll post pics) & have some "extras" that I will offer.
Great idea!
Mike

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:13 pm • # 3 

good idea - I just gave away some reels and fly tying supplies. Now we can move more items right here.
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:05 pm • # 4 
Administrator

Thanks paul!

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply