It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Go to page 1, 2  Next   Page 1 of 2   [ 31 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:17 pm • # 1 

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... roat-trout

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:08 pm • # 2 

Yea, right.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:24 pm • # 3 

Any reason to push the agenda of climate change.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:49 pm • # 4 

It's a pity that folks feel articles like this are merely political statements made for somebody to prove their point. The changes described in the article are scientifically factual, and aren't part of somebody's agenda, unless it's God's. The knee-jerk reactions above are made without careful consideration of the facts. Don't factor in any responsibility for mankind in climate change, if you wish. The changes are, nonetheless, happening.

Critical thinking is sorely missing in this day and age. "Follow the money" is always the best idea. Compare the money spent on denying climate change (funded by huge mega-corporations), to the dramatically smaller amount spent by those trying to warn us about the dangers of climate change. Objective science is squarely on the side of anthropogenic climate change; money is squarely on the other side. Which do you choose?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:34 am • # 5 

weiliwen wrote:
It's a pity that folks feel articles like this are merely political statements made for somebody to prove their point. The changes described in the article are scientifically factual, and aren't part of somebody's agenda, unless it's God's. The knee-jerk reactions above are made without careful consideration of the facts. Don't factor in any responsibility for mankind in climate change, if you wish. The changes are, nonetheless, happening.

Critical thinking is sorely missing in this day and age. "Follow the money" is always the best idea. Compare the money spent on denying climate change (funded by huge mega-corporations), to the dramatically smaller amount spent by those trying to warn us about the dangers of climate change. Objective science is squarely on the side of anthropogenic climate change; money is squarely on the other side. Which do you choose?

I wonder what the dinosaurs did that caused the ice age. Did they fart too much and create too much methane that caused the climate change?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:03 pm • # 6 

Very close, Cliff. They died, rotted, and turned into oil. THAT's their contribution to climate change.

(Funny how I automatically assumed a post with references to old farts and dinosaurs would somehow be tied to you! :eek :lol )
brent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:23 pm • # 7 

wheezeburnt wrote:
Very close, Cliff. They died, rotted, and turned into oil. THAT's their contribution to climate change.

(Funny how I automatically assumed a post with references to old farts and dinosaurs would somehow be tied to you! :eek :lol )
brent

Perfect assumption.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:37 am • # 8 

You guys are hurting my poor, sensitive feelings. I'm going into my safe room and have a good cry.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:37 pm • # 9 

Cliff: how many times do I have to tell you: Just because your bathroom has a lock on it, doesn't make it a 'safe room'.
And of course I'm sorry we hurt your feelings. Its only because we're jealous of your angling success and realize we could never live up to the standards you set. Maybe your new year's resolution should be to find a better class of friends. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:46 pm • # 10 

Cliff we will send some counselors to help you through the difficult times.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:24 am • # 11 

linecaster wrote:

Huh. I thought counselling was already a condition of his parole? Oh well, more can't hurt.
brent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:48 pm • # 12 

wheezeburnt wrote:
linecaster wrote:

Huh. I thought counselling was already a condition of his parole? Oh well, more can't hurt.
brent

I'm only on probation this time, Brent, I was taken off parole in November. Unfortunately I've been unable to find a safe room in this halfway house, so I'll have to wait six more months to be released into actual society until I can try and find a place of my own that has a safe room.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:00 pm • # 13 

I'm late to this show . Clearly whoever wrote that article has never fished upper Montana and or Idaho . All I catch up there are Cutthroats and Bull trout . I'm not going there this year because I want to catch some bows and browns .

About climate change . My take is this . The Earth turns on an axis and it's not a true axis . If it's off even minutely and I believe it is , over time this will put rain forests where ice bergs were and so on . I believe this is what finally happening . That's my story and I'm sticking to it ! :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:35 am • # 14 

According to AOC climate change is caused by cows farting. Now that is a true scientific reason.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:00 pm • # 15 

We only have 12 years to get it right starting when? Date please so I can plan.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:55 am • # 16 

I hate to get into these types of discussions but as a retired scientist I will just note that when you have actual data demonstrating that it isn’t happening, please present it. If you can’t, it may be to your or your children’s benefit to pay attention to those with the supporting evidence.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:34 pm • # 17 

Our children will suffer more from the massive debt our government has incurred than the climate change that is a scare tactic to apply taxes and control of the population, it is a globalistic world order operation with no honest scientific data, all political and fake. IMO.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:05 pm • # 18 

mdwwhw wrote:
I hate to get into these types of discussions but as a retired scientist....

I feel your pain, but you DO know you're wasting your time. :eek

On the bright side, I've determined that I shall never be lost in the woods. I'll just start talking about climate change and someone will show up to argue with me. :lol

brent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:40 pm • # 19 

I don’t know that its always a waste of time, sometimes you find people willing to tc consider reality.

I’ll remember to yell “climate change” if I ever need help on the water.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:51 am • # 20 

Well, honestly, I hope you're right. Unfortunately, I don't think people realize:
a. Good science involves a lot of time and effort attempting to disprove the theory being examined;
b. Most scientists are interested in discovering NEW evidence, NEW directions of study, NEW conclusions. They are not generally bandwagon riders, but more 'different drummer' types. IF they keep coming to the same conclusions, well, that contributes to the body of knowledge, but it ain't how you get famous.

I think an important question in all such discussions is "What would it take to change your mind?" All sides need to ask themselves that question. If the answer is "there is nothing", then discussion is pointless. This most true in the realm of politics, from what I've seen. I fear much of what passes for conversation or discussion today is actually a competitive sport, where the goal is not to hear another viewpoint, but to WIN the discussion. I have discovered over the years that I have learned virtually nothing while listening to the sound of my own voice.
Just my opinion, of course
brent

Go to page 1, 2  Next   Page 1 of 2   [ 31 posts ] New Topic Add Reply