It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: A Morning Trip
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:21 am • # 1 

Morning can be rough. Bodies don’t necessarily want to get up and about when we want them to. The beep-beep-beep cut through my sleep, bursting in upon my comfortable fog, bringing the burn of insufficient sleep painfully to the forefront. I’d been up way too late. Tying up the last few flies, cleaning the fly line as well as attending to a flock of other details best not left until the Great Morning itself.

The gear is where I piled it last night.  All is in order and ready to dump in the truck and GO.  Still feeling foggy but the draw of the water begins to exert it’s force. Gear bag, rod tubes (with rods - check!) reels, float tube, PFD, flippers, air pump, water bottle, lunch sack etc. etc. Alright, its all loaded. I’m dressed. Truck starts. Back out of the drive, headlights on and DRIVE.

The drive there can be summated as a time to ponder my tactics and dream the impractical dreams of what could be, what may be. Building and fishing the trip in my mind’s eye beforehand is an excellent way to...whoops! Better keep an eye on the road there hoss!

Pull up and park. Drag out my tackle and get busy assembling my day.  Run through and re-run through in the mind’s eye. It’s all there, its all put together right.  Hope I won’t have an  â€œoh no! I forgot...â€

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ] New Topic Add Reply