It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Suckered by Amazon Again
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:19 am • # 1 

WooHoooo .....once again free express shipping is like $40 Amerikan... Wooo Hoooo

So I buy 4 fly books in very good used condition for less than third of retail and toss in a piece of Lodge cast iron I have lusted after for 3 years.

Total bill was $149 . If I liked math I could figure out I saved mere pennies on the dollar over new.

Grateful the megasports places haven't figured this out yet....

OK rant over...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:19 pm • # 2 

blufloyd wrote:
WooHoooo .....once again free express shipping is like $40 Amerikan... Wooo Hoooo

So I buy 4 fly books in very good used condition for less than third of retail and toss in a piece of Lodge cast iron I have lusted after for 3 years.

Total bill was $149 . If I liked math I could figure out I saved mere pennies on the dollar over new.

OK rant over...

When the s&h shows up you can still have one chance to cancel the order... And if you are a foreign customer, that **** (free shipping) is useless.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:54 pm • # 3 

I feel our pain, my brother.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:05 pm • # 4 

simonuca wrote:
blufloyd wrote:

OK rant over...

When the s&h shows up you can still have one chance to cancel the order... And if you are a foreign customer, that **** (free shipping) is useless.

Shipping to military post office, which is technically California* ....is unpossible for some of them too.

edit add: *for those of us in the Pacific

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:43 pm • # 5 

Your right Cowpokey, you hadda see the burocratic BS I went thru when I brought
That small package I sent to you to USPS ..they saw an APO number and didn't know whether to sxxit or wind their watch ... I said APO like military post outa the country, those guys in funny uniforms making sure you can watch the price is right every night without people throwing hand grenades at your house.. Get the picture, they still charged an extra I think forty cents because it was too bulky not standard envelope size ...whatta country !
Paul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:34 pm • # 6 

Well, when rocket scientists and doctors start working entry level jobs we'll know the economy has finally hit rock bottom. Until then we'll have to put up with a little frustration dealing with the knuckle dragging mouth breathers that are stuggling to work the cash register.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:08 am • # 7 

Location: Lorain, Ohio but can be found in fishing waters of West by God West Virginia and southern Ohio.
I dont nothing on Amazon anymore since its a scam on the shipping ccosts!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:12 am • # 8 

Phish wrote:
I dont nothing on Amazon anymore since its a scam on the shipping ccosts!
Every time I've tried to by something on Amazon it gives me an option to cancel before committing. Not sure if using the "single click" works that way in the States...single click gets rejected if they can't/won't ship to APO. ???

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ] New Topic Add Reply