It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5   Page 5 of 5   [ 97 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Re: Davy Knot
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:38 pm • # 81 

its better to argue/discuss knots than politics or religion!!!!!the knot I use the most I invented it. I call it the pearow knot. You run the line through the eye of the fly and holding the end of the line together with the line before it goes thru the fly eye, making a kinda oblong circle. Insert the hemostats into the circle and twist 5 or 6 times, then grab the tag end of the line with the hemostats and pull it thru the circle; spit on it and pull it tight. That's my knot! Rude and crude! But it holds! (it might have a name; and was probably invented by someone else, but ignorance makes it my knot)-p-

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:11 pm • # 82 

My back is horrible...

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:19 pm • # 83 

We need pitchers P

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:53 am • # 84 

Quote:
Carter ...it always amazes me how people on the www come into a discussion from left field and
With such negativity without even using the product or item and try to influence people with here say ... He wants us to try something different ...what does he think we started fly fishing yesterday ...if people want to try something different, they will and they have come to the conclusion that the knot works for them ...what does he think we are ignorant people on here ...you know ive learned whenever you see someone tell ya don't take it personally .. He is p*****g in the wind ...

Not from left field. And I don't have a cheesy remark to make.

By all means, trying new things is a good idea. That's how I came to the conclusion that the Davy isn't a good knot.

And this is an internet forum -- lots of opinions. I'm free to express mine just like you are. :hat

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:17 am • # 85 

You're entitled to your opinion...wrong as it may be. :lol

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:37 am • # 86 

Carter.. Your right my friend we got to many catchers on this site .. We need
More pitchers ..... Take care of your back man... It gotta be painful if you went for
An MRI ...

Now getting back to the problem at hand, then I'm going fishing, this individual comes on here after two posts and hasn't said a positive thing yet and calls my remark cheesy ... Man you need to get a life, if this wasn't a family site I'd tell ya what I really feel about your negative confrontational attitude ... Your dead wrong
About this knot man .... Accept it !!

Like they say on Duck Dynasty ...HeGone ..... :lol

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:55 am • # 87 

They (medical folks) want to know on a 1-10 scale what the pain is, a 10 being the worst pain you've ever experienced in your life...

I tell them I'm at a constant "3" on good days, and usually around a 4~6 when I roll out of bed in the morning. Roll, being the key word, because I can't sit up in bed and have to roll to my side, drop my feet to the floor and push myself to get vertical. What they don't understand is my pain scale. When I ripped my shin off; Oh Eff Eff - OFF, registered a 10. Having my nose shattered, flat as a pancake...was a solid 8. Broken ribs, gets around a 7.5.

I'm a sissy...or I have a distorted perception of pain.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:06 am • # 88 

Those pain scales are a pain in the arse ....

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:26 am • # 89 

Yeah...you tell them what your problem is and they cut it in half; you tell them what bad habits you have and the double them.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:37 am • # 90 

Talk about the meds asking about your pain tolerance, when I got that
Cortisone shot in my knee, the Doc is sitting in front of me with a Zorro sword
Hypodermic needle ..ask me if I have any pain let him know ..**** I'm in pain looking at that thing man, it's going to go right through my ..I'm already in
Pain

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:45 am • # 91 

Had a funny conversation with the IG yesterday, she said, "your wife is gonna get to hold you while they come at your spine with a needle."

I thought she talked to my wife...I almost passed, out while I was holding her as they came toward her spine with a needle for the epidural when our first Cowkid was born. :lol

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:24 am • # 92 

Davy knot? Were we talking about the Davy knot? Hope you get to feeling better Cowpokey.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:29 am • # 93 

Thanks Joe, I hope it gets better too. Sucks bad.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:00 pm • # 94 

Quote:
Now getting back to the problem at hand, then I'm going fishing, this individual comes on here after two posts and hasn't said a positive thing yet and calls my remark cheesy ... Man you need to get a life, if this wasn't a family site I'd tell ya what I really feel about your negative confrontational attitude ... Your dead wrong
About this knot man .... Accept it !!

I was trying to not be personal -- meaning I wasn't using snide, personal remarks to do so.

Does the fact that I have only 2 posts mean that I must not know anything -- or is that a way of saying "this guy only has 2 posts and therefore what he's saying must be incorrect". That's what it sounds like to me.

I explained that the Davy appears mechanically inadequate because it is basically a figure 8 variation that doesn't seem to lock the tag end against the hook eye securely....like an untucked clinch knot. I've tied them and found them weak and unreliable. Please address this rather than attempting to discredit me personally.

BTW - posting on a fly fishing forum and telling someone else who posts on a fly fishing forum to get a life is kind of silly right? -- everyone posts here to learn things, socialize, etc. So we're all nerds.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:51 pm • # 95 

Listen to me I'm only going to say this once ..you come on here with a negative confrontational attitude, you still say that the knot is inadequate, have you tried it on the water? I'm not trying to be snide, personal ...I'm addressing your inadequate way of thinking.... Ill get right to the point as my fellow ULFF have already done and close this ridiculous conversation, you sir do not know what you are talking about when it comes to this knot ... End of conversation with you......

Paul

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:08 pm • # 96 

So how long do you need to be a member here before it is acceptable to argue against using a knot?

Look, you're probably a nice enough guy when you aren't angry about your knot being criticized -- I get that. But come on -- there are plenty of other topics out there where this knot has been discussed and I'm not the only one reporting failures with it. It's actually common. I've seen some guys recommended adding a second turn to the tag on the last step to avoid failure with the "normal" Davy. Just google it.

I do agree that this is silly -- 2 adults arguing about knots. Ending the conversation is probably a good idea --

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:04 pm • # 97 
Administrator

Locked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some of you need to act your age.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5   Page 5 of 5   [ 97 posts ] New Topic Add Reply