It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: M&P 2.0 Compact
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:28 pm • # 1 

Smith & Wesson finally gave in to customers begging for this size gun, and its a winner.

I've got to admit bias - I have been one of many asking for this gun since I bought an early run fullsize 9mm 11 or so years back. I have owned 3 full size 9mms, a first gen compact 9 and the first gen .45 compact, and my wife owns a first gen 9mm Shield.

I did not love the gen 1 compact - the grip was either too small with flush fit mags, or with pinky extenders you had an almost full grip but with subcompact capacity. And I always seemed to pinch my pinky and palm on a fast reload.

So they finally listened and retooled giving M&P fans an M&P the same exact size as a Glock 19 - which sets the standard for compact carry gun size. 15+1 rounds, 4 inch barrel and almost identical dimensions tp the G19. The 2nd gen triggers are a big improvement over the gen 1 triggers. Still not great but much better. The frame texture is good - I prefer a stippled grip on polymer guns. I did ha e to slightly sand down the high points on the grip though as a few days of carry were causing irritation even through an undershirt. A quick run over with 400 grit solved the issue.

Shootability is better for me than the Glock - m&ps have always been easier for me to score good hits with so this is no surprise. I do wish they had not deleted the beavertails from the gen 1 guns though. I liked the beavertail on the full size pistols and had no problems oncealing that part of the gun.

If you are thinking of a new carry gun I would certainly recommend giving the new compact m&p a look.

Post subject: Re: M&P 2.0 Compact
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:58 am • # 2 
Administrator

I bought one as soon as they came out, I carry it everyday now instead of my Shield.

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ] New Topic Add Reply