It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 33 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:45 pm • # 21 
Administrator

Welcome to the board Watkins.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:22 pm • # 22 

Thanks for the welcome, spend most of my time on NGTO board but love the 1-2-3 wgts. Can't wait for the DH section of the "Hooch" to open, Nov.1 , fine fishing for the "light wgts. TRW

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:25 pm • # 23 
Administrator

Be sure to post a report come Nov.

J.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:13 pm • # 24 
Administrator

Finally got a snap shot of my E. German Makarov.

J.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:19 pm • # 25 
Administrator

Watkins,
Sorry to sound ignorant, but what is the NGTO board?

J,
That's neat looking gun- very classic looking.

Les

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:39 am • # 26 

My bad, should have been more specific. North Ga. Trout Online -NGTO- is a fine site for fisher folk. All types of fish and tackle but swayed toward the long rod and trout. Check 'em out. TRW

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:41 am • # 27 

I gotta put my .02 cents on this one. I am a big Glock fan, Ya either love em or hate em, cannot find a more accurate firearm out of the box than the Glock M30,I put a Crimson trace on it with the G21 mags and it is a really nice weapon. With that said just picked up a Taurus PT1911, for the price and all the extras you cannot go wrong with it either, fine shooting machine also, just picked up a Ceiner .22 conversion kit for it, works flawlessly ...Paul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:29 am • # 28 
Administrator

Paul, you are right, it's usually a love hate thing with glock. While I can't say that I hate them, they simply don't work for me. They are however reliable to a fault, and easy to work on if something breaks.

Like I stated already, it's an ergonomics thing with me. They don't feel right or point naturally for me therefore I can't shoot them as well as other pistols. Your not the only one to say the G30 is very accurate, I've heard that enough before to believe it's probably one of the more accurate models in the lineup. A friend of mine carries a G21 on duty, and it's very accurate as well. I had two .40 Glocks, but neither one shot well enough to meet my personal accuracy specs, not even from the bench.

Handguns are like anything else though, and it's all about what one feels comfortable with.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:19 am • # 29 

J, your absolutely right regarding the feel of the weapon, the G30 I believe it considered compact or sub-compact, they are chunky to say the least, especially when you put the CTC laser on them. I have big hands and they just met my specs for comfort and handling. Purchased an aftermarket Lone Wolf stainless ported barrel so that I can fire lead out of it ..it works well. but, I go back to the Taurus PT1911, I am really impressed with this 1911. You cannot beat what they put on the weapon for the price and it is just as accurate as the M30 ...Paul

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:41 am • # 30 
Administrator

Paul, I haven't played with the Taurus yet. I did have a Springfield GI 1911, but I ended up trading it off for that little Beretta 21A. It was accurate as all get out for a basic 1911, but had reliability issues, and that meant it wasn't going stay with me.

Curious about your Lone Wolf barrel, how is the accuracy vs. the factory barrel when using ball ammo?

J.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:13 am • # 31 

J. I find no noticeable difference in accuracy with the LW aftermarket barrel, all my shooting is done from 7-10-20 yds offhand. I really like the Lone Wolf barrel better, its stainless steel with a ported barrel. You also cant beat the price of the LW barrels. the .45 acp cost me $89 I just kept reading about all the KB's with the leading problems with the factory Glock barrels. I also picked up a .400 Corbon barrel off the internet, thats a hot little cartridge. Thats what I like about the .45 platform there are so many variables you can make with out major gun smithing just drop em in........ I see you like Berettas, I was looking at the Taurus copy of the 92 in 9mm. it sure looks and feels the same. ..Paul

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:26 am • # 32 
Administrator

Back in the 70's, Beretta had the military pistol contract with Brazil. Beretta had to produce all the pistols in Brazil, and set up a factory there. When the contract expired Beretta sold the whole thing to Forjas Taurus so the current Taurus 92 series is for all intent still the original Beretta 92 design (internally that is). The safety is on the frame just like the original Beretta design.

I've handled the Taurus 92's in shops and thought they were nice, I just wanted the Beretta though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:58 am • # 33 

I'm a big fan of the (older pre-lock) S&W Kit Guns, but would never (willingly) give up my S&W Model 60.

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 33 posts ] New Topic Add Reply