It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Go to page 1, 2  Next   Page 1 of 2   [ 33 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:03 pm • # 1 
Administrator

I'm a real Beretta pistol fanatic, and if I had big money I'd probably be a serious Beretta collector. While I love my Beretta's, my all time favorite handgun is my East German Makarov. Yep it's a Russian commie design, and it's chambered for the commie 9x18 Makarov round, but it's a solid pistol, goes bang when asked to, and accurate to boot.

Whats your favorite pistol?

J.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:35 pm • # 2 

Ruger Single Six...pachmeyer grip...herter's hunting trigger and sights.....It is only a .22 very accurate survival type pistol...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:43 pm • # 3 
Administrator

Good choice Rob. I almost bought a Single Six last year, wish I wouldn't have passed it up.

J.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:58 pm • # 4 

I like sixguns, preferably SA sixguns. I sold 70% of my gun collection a few years ago. I guess they came to mean less and less to me over the years. All I have left, with some exceptions are the sentimental ones.

My Linebaugh Built 45 COlt on a SBH Ruger is about my favorite. But the handgun that gets shot the most is a new comer and a Semi Auto to boot, which goes against everything I believe in. That one is a Browning Buckmark 22. It just shoots good for me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:07 pm • # 5 
Administrator

David, two more good picks, excellent. I need to get a SA sixgun one of these days so I can play cowboy.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:53 pm • # 6 

jkurtz7 wrote:
David, two more good picks, excellent. I need to get a SA sixgun one of these days so I can play cowboy.

I almost got into SAS and into cowboy action shooting. I just had too many hobbies now and fly fishing is still at the top. I got into sixguns real big and chatted in 'sixgunner.com' for more than a decade. I had two Bisley 45 Colts Vaquero's as well as the Linebaugh SBH. At the time, I picked up a Trails End Winchester 45 Colt.

My best friend out in Nebraska introduced me to John Linebaugh back in 1992. HE built up the gun for me. My friend is a rancher out there who also raises buffalo. He guided as a youngster in Idaho, Montana, Wy., and BC. Except for in BC (Handguns are strictly regulated up there), his Linebaugh Built 45 Colt SBH was his main back up. HE got me into sixguns long ago and the fetish stuck.

I was buying guns faster than I'm buying fly rods now. To tell how crazy I was, in my pickup, I packed a Winchester mod 70 Safari Grade .458 Win Mag. I shot skunks, badgers, feral cats with it. I could shoot it very well. I regret selling that one as it would be a good Idaho "berry picking" gun now. Now, I pack the SBH 45 or I carry a Winchester Timber 450 Marlin. Those I take camping with me.

Guns are addictive. I'm just more into fly rods right now. I don't like killing things. I buy beef and shoot targets. I'm, so soft, I prefer I loose the fish I catch. I feel bad if they stay on the hook and I have to put my hands on them. My family says I turned 'Bleeding Heart' on them.

Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:58 pm • # 7 
Administrator

David I don't really hunt anymore either, although I've been known to go squirreling now and again. Last year I just got my squirrels in the back yard with my Gamo 220 air rifle. May do the same this year too, squirrel season started last week. I need some tails and dubbing anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:03 pm • # 8 

jkurtz7 wrote:
David I don't really hunt anymore either, although I've been known to go squirreling now and again. Last year I just got my squirrels in the back yard with my Gamo 220 air rifle. May do the same this year too, squirrel season started last week. I need some tails and dubbing anyway.
Squirrel's are different. AS a trucker, I ventured into the South a lot and found squirrel hunting to be as big a deal as elk hunting here in Idaho. Some spared no expense when it came to a good squirrel gun. That is something I could do once. I have a 17 Mach II and believe it would be one heck of a squirrel gun. I also have a Remington 541-S .22 I bought more than 25 years ago and shot small bore silhouette with it. I haven't shot it in years. Maybe I should plan a trip south..sort of a combined squirrel hunt and fly fishing trip. That would be fun. I'm dreaming but it would be fun.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:09 pm • # 9 

I have wanted one of these for years...too expensive new...maybe someday will run into a used one I can afford.....http://www.bigskyguns.com/Bond_Arms-Bond_Arms_Snake_Slayer_Derringer.html

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:37 pm • # 10 

S&W Model 41. Sweet gun. Wish I still had it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:51 am • # 11 

For a squirrel gun, I like a heavy barrell bolt-action 22 LR. With sub-sonic ammo, sounds like an airgun.

One of my favorite semi-autos is the CZ-83, the "cadillac" of .380s. Don

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:08 am • # 12 
Administrator

Don, the CZ83 used to be on my must have list, but having gotten away from guns over the past year or two, the list isn't really there anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:45 am • # 13 

For me it's the 1911

Before the safety police give me crap about shooting without glasses I forgot them on this trip and wasnt going to not shoot.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:22 pm • # 14 

Colt Model 1911A1 .45 in the service in the 60's.

S&W Model 19 .357 on-duty in the 70's 'til those ****** Glocks came along in the 80's!

Still carry a Model 36 Smith concealed in retirement.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:08 pm • # 15 
Administrator

Jim, I'm not a Glock fan either. Took owning two of them to figure that out.

J.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:41 am • # 16 

Count me as another one in the "not a glock fan" category. I don't think that they suck they just don't fit my hand quite right (plus I am a terrible shot with them). I do own one piece of "Tupperware" though (an XD). While I don't like it as much as my other hand guns I do like how it feels in my hand. I wanted a light inexpensive weapon to carry so it fit the bill.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:58 am • # 17 
Administrator

Sasha I agree. The ergos on a Glock are hideous. Points up, groups like buck shot patterns.

I had an XD, used it through the police academy, and I loved it. I kick myself all the time for selling it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:39 am • # 18 

You should go get a XD-M then. I kick myself for getting the XD because they came out with the M about a year later. Oh well my next one will be a weel gun I am still thinking .460 mag. I like the .44 mags but I want something with some more punch for when I am out fishing in the mountains.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:48 am • # 19 
Administrator

I like the look of the XD-M, but if I were to get another it would be the sub-compact.

I've never been a big wheel gun guy. I've had a Taurus 85 Ultralight .38 in stainless. Good gun, and very accurate for a snubby. I also had a NAA mini in .22LR which was pretty useless. I'd like to have a SA six gun though since I'm a big fan of westerns.

J.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:24 pm • # 20 

Charter Arms Bulldog Pug in 44 Spec. w/ CTC grips seems a better defensive choice than my 1 wght superfine as I fish the Cohuttas here in Ga. Last Bear I faced didn't run and some questionable folk have been encountered. Wheel gun carries well in an Uncle Mike thumbreak holster. TRW

Go to page 1, 2  Next   Page 1 of 2   [ 33 posts ] New Topic Add Reply