It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next   Page 1 of 4   [ 74 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:11 pm • # 1 

I'll post pictures of my small collection of penknives and small pocketknives as soon as I can get to it (studying for the LEED certification exam this week, in between actual work duties--being a "green" broker requires nearly constant schooling to keep up). Anyhow, I'd love to see what you have. Although I collect and occasionally carry old small to tiny penknives, my every day pocket companion is a Victorinox Alox Bantam (one 2.3 inch blade and one combo tool blade).

Also, I'd love to see your UL guns--meaning .17-.25 cal and .410-28 guage.
-CC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:16 pm • # 2 
Administrator

Art, I'm gonna have to get the camera out for a photo session.

J.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:35 pm • # 3 

Here are a few shots of my "UL" gun.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:39 pm • # 4 

Sasha, what is the recoil like? I was shown one once and thought this is lighter than a glock it must have a heck of a recoil.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:00 pm • # 5 

I have a few small case knives I have picked up over the years. I too, have to get my camera out. Actually it's my wife's camera, my camera is a Minolta 35mm SLR. I never take pictures of fish or places where I fish, I should start doing it. I very much enjoy everyone else's photos that they contribute to the site.
Ken

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:06 pm • # 6 

Here's my tiny and light stuff. Sorry for the cell phone pics. I have "misplaced" my camera battery.

Kel Tec 3AT - very lightweight. Can hide in a pants pocket.
I prefer a fixed blade knife and have a couple of real gems:
RAT Cutlery Izula - very lightweight.
Bark River Little Creek with dark curly maple handles - I really like this knife, but I'm still not very good at maintaining a convex edge.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:30 pm • # 7 

Here's some folders, from left to right:
Case Peanut
Col. Littleton Peanut
German Bull tiny toothpick
Paul Presto by Lone Wolf Knives

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:59 pm • # 8 
Administrator

cool knives.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:11 pm • # 9 
Administrator

I like Beretta handguns, and Case pocket knives.

Here's my Beretta 21A Bobcat in .22LR, and two Case knives. The one on the bottom is a Jack knife with gray bone handles. The medallion isn't Case, it's a Redhead (Bass Pro) medallion, and was a special run from Case for them. The one top right is a Case camp knife, has all the same features as a Boy Scout knife and Delrin handle scales.. I carry one or the other of these knives on a pretty regular basis.

J.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:31 pm • # 10 

The CZ 452-2E ZKM Varmint (.22LR) with Bushnell 4-12x40 AO is my UL of choice, even the good German ammo it not to expensive. I also have a "Kings" slide conversion ( to .22LR) for my Para-Ordnance P-14.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:03 pm • # 11 

Neat S&W Sasha. I picked up a three inch barrel for my Colt Agent (aluminum Detective Special) and had it installed and the hammer bobbed. A very light 38 with 6 shots. I like 3" revolvers and own several. I also like .25 autos. Don

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:58 am • # 12 

I was just trying to insert pics from my yuku albums to this thread and failed. I thought that one of our options for uploading pictures was to upload to a profile/album first, then insert them to a post. Am I mis-remembering, did they change something, or am I not doing it right?
-CC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:34 am • # 13 
Administrator

Art, I've been told that uploading into the album, and then into a post from the album can be buggy at times. I've not used that method, I have my Yuku and Photobucket accounts linked together so I can just use the Reply editor to insert photos. Much easier that way.

J.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:44 pm • # 14 

Well, I linked to my profile albums. I'm not a huge fan of photobucket, at least not from my Mac. Linking's not perfect, but hopefully it will work . . . The little Case with the clip and pen blades is my latest acquisition. The others are a mix of vintage Case, LF&M, Henckels, and Kissing Crane. The Swiss Army knives [Safari Trooper, Pioneer (Soldier with a lanyard ring), and two Bantams (new issue and vintage)] are there for size comparison. My "modern" knives are a Benchmade carbon fiber Shoki and a William Henry Legacy, both mint. Mostly, I just carry a Bantam everyday. The pistol is an old Mod 63 (round butt J frame .22), back when they were six shot. Except for that pesky red insert in the front ramp, it's one of the most accurate little plinkers I've ever seen--I really ought to get that insert changed out.
-CC
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
[img]file:///Users/crosscreek/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot.png[/img]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:50 pm • # 15 
Administrator

Your first link is live, the rest aren't hmmm. I can see all the pics though when I went to your first link, then just scrolled through all the pics. Nice collection for sure.

J.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:00 pm • # 16 

They're all live, just taking a while to open. You can go directly to my profile and they open right up. Yuku needs to get their act together on that issue.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:07 pm • # 17 
Administrator

Yes they do need to work out the bugs. I see the links are coming online now. I really like that S&W too.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:06 pm • # 18 

CC
I like that case knife which is pictured next to the swiss army knife, I don't remember seeing that model before, could you tell me a bit about it?
Ken

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:25 pm • # 19 

That one's a Case 6233, made in 1971, two blade, carbon steel, single back spring, 2 5/8in overall, square bolsters, jigged bone handles. I picked it up at a gun and knife show last spring.
-CC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:40 am • # 20 

As you can all see, I finally figured it out, largely thanks to Darrell's instructions in the post "Posting Pictures" (which ought to be a sticky in every forum, btw). My Mac wasn't the problem, but Safari was (possibly my Photobucket headache, as well). Latest version of Safari (that comes loaded in the new Snow Leopard operating system), you just right click on the picture (after loading it into your images album) and click "Copy Image Address"--then continue with Darrell's instructions. I did notice that the left bracket of the second "img" disappears after you paste the image address, and must be re-typed-- [img]address/img].
-CC

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next   Page 1 of 4   [ 74 posts ] New Topic Add Reply