It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Air Pistols
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:13 pm • # 1 
Administrator

I love airguns. I've been shooting them for 30 years now, and I still think they are fun. My favorite firearm pistol is the E. German Makarov, and Umarex makes a realistic Makarov Co2 BB pistol. I've been wanting one of these since they came out, but just didn't have the funds to acquire one.

Jdub had bought one of these, and decided it wasn't for him, so we did a trade. I just sent him some holsters for two pistols I no longer own that he can use, plus a 1911 magazine.

I just received the Co2 Mak today, and had to play with it right away. It is the same size as a real Makarov, is made of metal, and has some heft to it, but not quite like the real thing.
It also fits in Makarov holsters. It really is a cool BB gun, and even operates almost the same as the firearm.

Here's a pic. The real deal on the left, and the Co2 BB Mak on the right.

J.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:09 pm • # 2 

You're gonna shoot your eye out.Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:34 pm • # 3 

Pretty cool. Just curious what kind of fps do those things get?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:27 am • # 4 
Administrator

Sasha, the Co2 Makarov is rated at 380 fps. The real Makarov fires the 9x18 Makarov round. Original spec for that cartridge is about 1050 fps with a 94-95 grain bullet.
Most all the non-Russian made ammo isn't quite as hot, and much of it runs in the .380 acp velocity range. I always get the Russian ammo.

J.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:41 pm • # 5 
Administrator

I was really happy to do this deal because I had the air gun just sitting in a box.  It's a cool little bb gun but it's shape is so unlike every other gun I own I just never shot it.  I knew J had a real Mak so it was a cool swap.

I've been shooting my air guns a lot because we had a long stretch of lousy weather and I wasn't fishing as much.  I have a "match" style pellet gun that I shoot quite a bit but I shoot my Walther CP99 and PPK air guns even more.   The CP99 is a DAO which has a long trigger pull similar to a Kahr 9mm I have and the PPK is just a lot of fun to shoot.  

Unfortunately, and unlike J, I can't shoot mine outdoors without having a terror-stricken yuppie neighbor call the cops on me.  Thankfully I have a large, well insulated, attic (and a nice long hallway when my wife's not home Image).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:19 am • # 6 
Administrator

Jerry, I test fired the Mak in the house (into a homemade BB/pellet trap). It's too cold to shoot outside. Co2 is so temp dependent anyway that I wouldn't have gotten many consistent shots outside.

Post subject: Re: Air Pistols
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:02 am • # 7 

i used to have a semi auto .22 pistol I traded for a benjamin 5mm. Own the .177 sheridan. And a couple three RWS including the awesome 48 side lever.
Looking to get a big bore multishot maybe a 9 mm.

Not enough fps in most pistols to intrigue me.
I shot a beeman or rws that was pretty good but single shot.

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ] New Topic Add Reply