It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Picked up a Ruger SR22
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:18 pm • # 1 

Well, made a decision and went with the Ruger SR 22. There are a few quirks and issues but in research, most guns have them and in my experience with shooting over the past 38 years or so, no gun nor gun model is perfect. You have to go on a track record and take chances.

I put a hundred rounds through it Sat. The gun is new and I tend to be tolerant of new guns, especially new semi autos...for a while anyway. According to much of my research, the gun is supposed to be highly tolerant of ammo. Well, with this gun, at least through the break in period, this appears to be untrue....for now. The gun does NOT like Remington bulk ammo...but then I think the stuff is crap. American Eagle worked pretty good with one FTF on the first magazine, then functioned smooth after that. CCI Mini Mags worked flawlessly but then I think CCI MM's seem to have a great history of reliability. I think one should run around 500 rounds through a semi auto before drawing conclusions.

The gun seems to hit where I point it and the trigger, is light, though long and weird. The reset is no where as short as on the glocks but the click is audible and the gun seems like it will make a fine 22 shooter.

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ] New Topic Add Reply