It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 16 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:04 pm • # 1 

Saw on Facebook where TFO has a new line of UL rods coming out called Trout Panfish rods .
Looking forward to checking out one of the seven footers . Gillchaser

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:33 pm • # 2 

Do you know when this will take place?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:35 pm • # 3 

Iasgair wrote:
Do you know when this will take place?

They were announced at I-Cast in July . Should available soon , I hope .
Found a video that said they're four models with the prices to be $79-$89 .
I'll be picking up a 7 footer to try when available. Kirby

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:38 pm • # 4 

This is the answer I got from TFO on Facebook . Kirby
" Temple Fork Outfitters . They will be available mid to late October. We will be offering a 5'6" 6', 6'6" and 7'. The 6' and the 6'6" will be offered in 1 and 2 pieces. "

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:05 pm • # 5 

Thanks for update,,, at that price point, I will most likely get two of these new rods.
The 7ft sounds very interesting, I prefer longer rods.

I really like the UL fly rod TFO Finesse Series and expect the spinning rods will also be great.

Regards,
FK

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:25 pm • # 6 

I’ve been watching for the release of the new TFO UL rods and today when I googled them , they came up on Amazon .
It took me over an hour to decide which one to order.
I ordered the 6’6” two piece . I would have liked to have the seven footer , but it only was available in a one piece . I like one piece rods up to 6’ . They’ll fit into the back of my truckbed without crossing , Xing , or bending to fit .
With the 6’6” two piece , it’ll fit inside the cab of my Tacoma Xtracab in what I use for a storage area .
6’6” is the longest IMO that will cast individual small jigs accurately, but is long enough to handle a float and micro-jig rig .
Rod should be in my hand Thursday . If I get a chance this weekend , I’ll attempt to get some slime on it . I’ll let you know what I think of it , compared to my St Croix Trout and Panfish rods , and my Daiwas . Gillchaser

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:28 pm • # 7 

Still waiting for the rod to arrives . USPS says it’s delayed . Been delayed for three days now I’ve been told to give it until the 31st to show up .
Hope it it shows , and it’s still just a two piece rod :) . I’m ready for a refund . Kirby

Last edited by gillchaser on Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:42 pm • # 8 

How frustrating. For the most part the Postal Service does a good job but things can go wrong. Hope it shows soon.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:20 pm • # 9 

And I was looking forward to hearing the report on how the rod feels......dang..good luck hope it shows up soon.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:15 pm • # 10 

Thanks . No rod yet . I tried to cancel the order today and was told they shipped it , it was out of their hands .
I don’t think so . It doesn’t work that way . The shipper hold the Insurance on the item shipped and it’s up to them to get their money back .
I’ll give it until two weeks total , which is about four more days. Then I’ll start bugging Amazon about getting my refund .

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:38 pm • # 11 

I ordered the 7 footer....supposed to be here tomorrow.......through amazon.......your situation has me worried ..... hope we both get what we ordered.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:50 pm • # 12 

Mine showed up today at four oclock....in one piece....not gonna post another word about it until yours shows up....and i'm not gonna hijack your thread anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:46 pm • # 13 

joe the plumber wrote:
Mine showed up today at four oclock....in one piece....not gonna post another word about it until yours shows up....and i'm not gonna hijack your thread anyway.

Go for it Joe !
Mine is history. Tracking hasn’t changed in a week . I contacted Amazon two days ago and got a refund on mine . If it does show up, I’ll return it on their dime . Gillchaser

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:14 pm • # 14 

Good news !
The package showed up today , a cardboard triangle tube wrapped like a mummy from one end to the other in USPS tape , with a sticker apologizing for the damage done and said it had been repaired at a Postal facility in Tennessee.
I called Amazon and retold them the story and that I had been refunded for the item . They told me to keep the rod if there was anything left of it or dispose of it .
I just opened the box and I don’t know how it made it , but the rod looks ok . W
I like the feel of it . It feels like a true UL . Almost glass like but without the weight . It’ll” be great tossing tiny jigs on two pound test .
If it weren’t raining outside , I’d go try it out at the town pond . Gillchaser

Last edited by gillchaser on Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:43 pm • # 15 

:applause :applause Still getting used to mine......tip is soft compared to my bass pro rod ,but i've been wearing out the crappie with it. Whatever you do,don't use panfish magnets with it. Very boring..cast out,catch a fish,cast out catch a fish...over and over BORING.....and don't try a small white beetlespin either..same thing ...boring :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:24 pm • # 16 

joe the plumber wrote:
:applause :applause Still getting used to mine......tip is soft compared to my bass pro rod ,but i've been wearing out the crappie with it. Whatever you do,don't use panfish magnets with it. Very boring..cast out,catch a fish,cast out catch a fish...over and over BORING.....and don't try a small white beetlespin either..same thing ...boring :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

That’s for the heads up . I’ll make sure I don’t use either of those ;) ;) ;) Gillchaser

Page 1 of 1   [ 16 posts ] New Topic Add Reply