It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: TFO Panfish 7'rod
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:07 pm • # 1 

I have had the 7 footer now for about a month and have fished it a few times. At first I was not impressed with the feel or action of the rod. Comparing it now to my BP brand rod and a Fenwick eagle..... the TFO is faster and stiffer than the Fenwick and slower and softer than the Bass Pro rod....not exactly apples to apples,the BP rod is a 6-6'' . The TFO is a middle of the road between the two. Stiff enough to cast an 1/8 ounce crappie jig very well with a float and soft enough to protect 4# test line.....have caught several large crappie and bass without any worries. However casting the lighter 1/64 trout magnet doesn't load the rod well enough without using a weighted float. If I could only put one rod in the kayak......the TFO panfish rod would be in my hand. The price of the rod is right in line with the other two rods but it is only comes as a one piece rod in the 7' whereas the other 2 rods break down for travel.All in all a nice rod with plenty of backbone and finesse .Now if I could only get TFO to send us all a free rod to test drive :P :P

Post subject: Re: TFO Panfish 7'rod
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:46 pm • # 2 

Glad you’re liking your TFO Panfish rod .
If the 7 footer was a two piece , I would have picked that one also . That’s why I picked the two piece 6’6” . I would like to try out the 5’6” , get it would be great for flinging jigs especially around docks or in small streams . Kirby

Post subject: Re: TFO Panfish 7'rod
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:10 pm • # 3 

Thanks for the comparative report. Good info. Being able to cast Trout Magnets and similar is always a difficult limiting factor.

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply