It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Forum Activity
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:25 pm • # 1 

This forum would probably be more active if you could post pictures directly, IMHO. As much as I would like to share more info and ideas from Joe Robinson's book "Piscatorial Absurdities", it's just too much of a PITA. Tight lines.
Brett

Post subject: Re: Forum Activity
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:22 am • # 2 

I hope the inconvenience of not being able to post photos directly won't keep you from posting.

The casts that Joe Robinson wrote about continue to intrigue me. I am experimenting with a couple soft JDM "Area" trout rods that are designed for lines no stronger than 3 lb line. I still have hopes for finding an "off the shelf" spinning rod that is capable of making the casts.

Without much time to practice, though, I'm not sure if my slow progress is more from my inability to make the casts or the rods' inability to make the casts. Every once in a while I surprise myself, though, so I think my biggest problem is my timing. (Or lack of time to practice. Or winter.)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:29 am • # 3 

Chris Stewart wrote:
I hope the inconvenience of not being able to post photos directly won't keep you from posting.

The casts that Joe Robinson wrote about continue to intrigue me. I am experimenting with a couple soft JDM "Area" trout rods that are designed for lines no stronger than 3 lb line. I still have hopes for finding an "off the shelf" spinning rod that is capable of making the casts.

Without much time to practice, though, I'm not sure if my slow progress is more from my inability to make the casts or the rods' inability to make the casts. Every once in a while I surprise myself, though, so I think my biggest problem is my timing. (Or lack of time to practice. Or winter.)

You know a picture tells a thousand words. Maybe a link to my blog posts or FB would be the way to go, if readers would like the visual? TFO discontinued the "Spin/Fly" combo rod they designed with Joe in mind, but I think you can still get the same action in the "TPS 601-2", just no slip rings. Tight lines.
Brett

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:10 am • # 4 

hill country wrote:
Chris Stewart wrote:

You know a picture tells a thousand words. Maybe a link to my blog posts or FB would be the way to go, if readers would like the visual? TFO discontinued the "Spin/Fly" combo rod they designed with Joe in mind, but I think you can still get the same action in the "TPS 601-2", just no slip rings. Tight lines.
Brett

Post your blog link.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:50 am • # 5 

Posting blog links is prohibited by the administrators. If you do a google search on my signature, you can find me.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:05 pm • # 6 

Chris, I’m still willing to lend you my TFO fly/spin. Will ship it to you at no charge. Just say the word. I think using a rod built for Joe’s techniques will help eliminate the “is it the rod” question.

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply