It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Hello from Tenkara Texas
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:29 pm • # 1 

Glad to see tenkara added! My name is Rob, I’m in Austin, TX and have been fishing tenkara almost exclusively for the last 4+ years. I was an early ambassador for Tenkara USA and helped to promote tenkara statewide at fly fishing clubs, GRTU Troutfest, IFFF Expos, fly shops, REI classes, etc. Currently I fish Tenkara USA, DragonTail, and Tanuki rods using Moonlit furled lines or Oni Level line. I’ve been an avid fly tyer for many years and tie a wide variety of fresh & saltwater flies as well as tenkara kebari. I have a Facebook group you’re welcome to join if you’re interested: https://m.facebook.com/groups/TenkaraTexas/ and I look forward to following this and other forums on this board. Hope to meetup at the upcoming Central TX gathering.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:48 pm • # 2 

Welcome aboard. Always nice to have some more tenkara anglers.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:42 pm • # 3 

Welcome, Rob. Hope to see you next weekend!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:02 pm • # 4 

Hey Rob, it was good meeting you at the CenTex get together. Since I don't do FB, I thought I'd post to you here that I have been catching Rios, bream, and bass on the Tenkara rod I bought from Chris that morning. It fits under the seat in my truck and I have been making good use of it at work in our Drainage District bayous.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:55 pm • # 5 

Jim,
'Nuff said about the Rios. Quit rubbing salt into my wounded pride. :'(

Larry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:34 pm • # 6 

But Larry, I'm catching them here, in Spring. Hey, I ordered the supplies to finish out that rod. Should be here in two days.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:48 pm • # 7 

We'll never believe you built it unless you come up with some pictures. I'd like to see it when finished. Hey, if you're going to be messing with glass you need to do like Aaron and join the Fiberglass Flyrodders forum. He's already posting up a storm over there. You just keep on catching those Rios. I talked to Keebranch the other night and we are already planning a Hill Country trip for next spring, so I should get another try at them.

Larry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:17 pm • # 8 

If all you want is to catch some Rios you need to be here; the drainage system is full of them. They eat any fly I throw at them. I just texted you a video I took at work last week. Right after I took the video I caught several of them on my Tenkara.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:42 pm • # 9 

Jim,
The video display is so small on my phone, I could just see the water. NO FISH IN SIGHT. Why should I believe you based on that little tiny screen shot? ;)

Larry

Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ] New Topic Add Reply