It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: My Tenkara Journey: 2019
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:59 am • # 1 

My Tenkara journey started in 2010 when I caught a brook trout in the Wind River Range. Over the years it has evolved, to cover 10 states and 3 continents. I now own more Tenkara rods than I probably should. Because of the events attended, (Oni School, Midwest Tenkara Fest, Tenkara Summit, Bug Out and the Tenkara Jam) I have met many incredible people whom I now call friend. For me the memories of campfires shared, and laughs at foibles and follies, remain long after the last fish is caught. It is a walk along a trout stream with my 5 year old granddaughter, having a grandson, a nephew and two sisters catch their first trout, time spent not thinking about life, just enjoying it. Time well spent. It is not about the fish caught, (still important) but more about the people and the fun we have had together. Thanks to all who have helped me on this journey,
This is a Flickr link of my journey in 2019; https://www.flickr.com/photos/d1948n/al ... 1203107833

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:47 pm • # 2 

I'll take your word for it . The last time I clicked on a flickr account I got a bad virus .

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:45 pm • # 3 

Very nice. Thanks for sharing you journey (and not any viruses).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:46 pm • # 4 

Very nice. Thanks for sharing you journey (and not any viruses).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:04 pm • # 5 

Great post!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:44 pm • # 6 

jangles wrote:
I'll take your word for it . The last time I clicked on a flickr account I got a bad virus .

Whether a virus is from a click on Flickr or a chick on 3rd street, one should always be a welcoming and gracious host for it. Shame on you for avoidance behavior Jangles, what fun is life without some risk? :lol

I got around dpnoll’s Flickr stream and had no problems other than Flickr always being kinda slow and stodgy after a bit of browsing. Nice Tenkara storyline there, I like the adaptable and explorative approach to all of it. We see beadheads, squirmy wormies, good friends and awesome scenery. Lots of nice fish caught along the journey, too.

Poked about your photos and came to the conclusion someone is livin’ the good life with a fishing rod in hand. And those are some huge trees (the Mary pics). Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:26 pm • # 7 

Poked about your photos and came to the conclusion someone is livin’ the good life with a fishing rod in hand. And those are some huge trees (the Mary pics). Thanks for sharing.[/quote]

That was then and this is now ! lol Just now got home from the hospital . I spent 24 hrs there getting my 3rd kidney stone in 4 months removed the hard way . With some luck I may make this coming spring and summer a good one or maybe summer and fall in Colorado, Wy, Mt and Id . Barring anymore unforeseen old age encounters . Would love for someone on this forum to share some of it with us (me and Lab) .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:56 am • # 8 

Jangles, I know the the Tenkara Wisc Campout is a long ways away from where you live but there will be a lot of guys there and the fishing will be great. Or PM me and we'll see if our paths can cross this summer.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:41 am • # 9 

Jangles, I think dpnoll has the right idea. I also would love to fish with you and your lab, but it's a bit too far for me to make it all the way up to Colorado, Wy, Mt and Id. So perhaps you could just go in the other direction and meet me half-way, say in Colombia or even Panama. What do you think?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:55 pm • # 10 

Thanks dpnoll and Pampas Pete , it's not possible for me either . But in case anyone on here happens to be in the general area the offer stands . Even you Canoeman ! ha lol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:31 pm • # 11 

Closest I'll be is Colorado this summer.

Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ] New Topic Add Reply