It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: It's time.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:36 pm • # 1 

I haven't been very active on the forum for awhile, since last Nov. I think. But life gets busy and life happens, but it's time to get the rods out and dust them off.

I'll be renewing my annual fishing license this weekend, and everything is in place to get out on the water, except flies, I need to tie some flies for myself because I have been tying for others.

I plan on hitting the Lion's Den a lot this year, and plan on going in deeper, and there will be photo's. Plus many other areas to get wet in, along with new stretches of water I have introduced myself to late last year. I have a feeling with all the time off from work that I have coming, this could be an exciting year for me.

I have decided why on earth should I fish the Poudre River where there are other fishermen around every bend, and then the rafters floating on by getting between me and the fish. So I have decided to go higher up where the fishermen are not so well seen, and no rafters. I have also gotten into fishing with traditional wet flies, something I started to do last year. So I am a little excited.

I also plan to visit my home town, Canon City, and fish the Arkansas now that I got the truck tuned up, fresh brakes, and a rod replaced on the front end. I may go there in August when my wife and son go to Minnesota for a long weekend.

I hope the river levels hold out long enough till I get my fill. The snow pack they say is fine, but I don't see it. Yeah, the high peaks are covered in snow, but it's March, our snowiest month, and yesterday I was out spraying weeds. The mountains at mid level should be also covered in white, and they are sketchy depending where you are at. True, we did have a blizzard two weeks ago, but it wasn't that bad.

I hope all of you are ready for your fishing season, and may you all have the best year yet on the water.

Post subject: Re: It's time.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:35 am • # 2 

Looking forward to the pictures!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:00 pm • # 3 

I'll be checking daily, to see how the season unfolds. Good day or not, we'd like to see the posts.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:22 am • # 4 

With Colorado snowpack anywhere from 120 to 155% of normal might have to wait until the thaw is close to over !

https://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal/nr ... 4p2_063323

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply