It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3   Page 3 of 3   [ 44 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:28 am • # 41 

Knotty wrote:
I feel no obligation towards any form of fishing. I’ll take the journey where it leads me.

Good for you.

The elephant represents fish and fishing while the blind men represent various tackle choices and approaches to it.

You’re gonna grope the whole elephant, dude! ;) Get the big picture from many angles and you may learn more in a decade than many do in a lifetime. More fun in more places, too. It all cross pollinates over time and creates a synergy across styles, it’s just how the "elephant thing" works whether one intends it or not.

Regarding your start via tenkara and ulff? Uniquely stylish introduction to fishing in general, starting with the more unusual and non-standard is sure to result in open-mindedness and exploration. This is a very fortunate twist to the usual “how it all started” story and I’m sure you’ll cherish that part more and more over time.

I’ve a varied approach across tackle types myself, all my spinning rods are currently built on flyrod blanks of various weights. The 9’ 3wt SC III (Avid) spinning build is a pleasure indescribable for both presentation and catching. More practical in many places, especially during the frigid seasons.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:54 pm • # 42 

Thanks knotjoe. It's true, each type of fishing teaches me something new about fish that I might otherwise not have learned. In some cases that knowledge can help when returning to a previous method.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:36 am • # 43 

Wow, listening to you guys there sure are a bunch of old, feeble-minded, forgetful old farts on this site!!!! Oops, I forgot that I'm one of them. :o

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:48 pm • # 44 

Cliff Hilbert wrote:
Wow, listening to you guys there sure are a bunch of old, feeble-minded, forgetful old farts on this site!!!! Oops, I forgot that I'm one of them. :o

ONE of them? You vastly underestimate your status, your royal majesty! :lol :lol
brent

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3   Page 3 of 3   [ 44 posts ] New Topic Add Reply