It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:14 pm • # 1 

terday . I am at the San Juan with my lab , 5th wheel , new Watermaster Kodiak etc and I finally decided to fish / float the river last evening . I called my shuttle guy and off I went . I inflated at the campsite as to speed up the river process and to my surprise I had the river all to myself . I was just ready to pull out and didn't have my waders on still in the truck . I had to walk a quarter of a mile back up to the truck for my waders and finally the shuttle guy and my truck were off and so was I back to my Kodiak and waiting lab . Time to string up my rod , right ? Wrong , where oh where is my F#%$&*g fly vest ? Oh hell no , no way !! I hobbeled back to my truck , oh wait I said back , it's really hurting by now due to back surgeries and stuff , that's in another posts , but now my f$^#@*g truck is gone on it's way to the pickup point ! No cell service ! Well it was a bust using a flyrod with no string and barbed wire doesn't cast very well but Bella and I did have a very relaxing , scratch relaxing , float . I was able to learn a little about one of my new water crafts and sneak very close to a bunch of waterfowl (guess where I'm hunting this year) and all in all it was a pleasurable ride and she behaved perfectly . Wait , it doesn't end here ! I get to the pickup point and my truck is not there . Oh great now the shuttle guy stole my truck . :eek I try to call but no service still . Finally a kid walks over and says hey dude ( yes dude) are you lost ? I say no but my truck seems to be . He's a very nice young man and I could see the concern in his eyes as he asks if I drive a white f150 with camo seats and az plates . I said yes that's my truck , where did you see it . He points back to the parking lot I had just walked through and low and behold theres my beautiful and trusty steed waiting to carry me back up and across the river to my safe place . BTW , it was the only vehicle in the lot ! Think age doesn't play tricks on you , think again . Heres a pic from yes , post image .
Imagefallout 3 recommended mods

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:49 pm • # 2 

Ron,
I really don't like to think about the times I have forgotten something. I too have left on a fishing trip without a reel. I went camping and fishing for a few days, and when setting up camp, realized I had not brought any bedding at all. I have forgotten underwear, towels, washcloths, etc. Fortunately there is usually a Walmart or Dollar General store somewhere nearby. On the Brazos River outing back in May I discovered I had no tent poles when it came time to set up my tent. I couldn't find them at home either. Apparently I had somehow left them In Georgetown when I was at an ULFF conclave there. Unfortunately it can't all be blamed on age and encroaching senility; some of these events happened 30 years ago. Sometimes when we're thinking about something else, our minds just blank out on other things. I remember once getting ready to go to work, but realizing I didn't have my car keys in my pocket. I searched all over the house for about 20 minutes looking for them. I went through every drawer I could think of, pawed through my daughter's toybox, dumped out the laundry hamper, etc. By this time my wife was helping in the search. I finally became so frustrated I threw them down on the breakfast table, then just stood and stared at them for a minute. Told my wife I had found them and I was going. She asked where and I told I would tell her later, but I had to go. That was 42 years ago and I haven't told her yet where I found the keys. Sometimes, confession is not the best thing. ;)

Larry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:58 pm • # 3 

Judging by the pic, it looks like you got to enjoy a good day on the river! And, you just might have started a thread filled with some good tales.

Recently, I arrived at the beach and found that I had brought my 2 weight, and not the 6 I had intended on using. It was a 1/2 hour trip I had to make two times that day.

I watched in amusement once when my fishing buddy opened the hatch and realized he hadn't packed his rod.

The IRS once returned a tax return because I forgot to sign it. I had a good laugh, told everyone that would listen, and I mailed it back. About a week later it came back because I forgot to sign it... again.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:02 pm • # 4 

I have loaded up all the gear and canoe and driven all the way to the reservoir. Without paddles. More than once. Enough times that it is now a running joke with my girlfriend.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:02 pm • # 5 

I agree with Canoe man Larry, I've forgotten things all my life and it seems even more so when I was younger; now, I establish routines to help with this.

You kept your sense of humor Jangles through it all, that's commendable.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:44 pm • # 6 

It would be good for me to tell you all about times that I have forgotten something, but honestly, I don’t remember.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:49 pm • # 7 

Headed out to the Poluxy two weeks ago, 15 minutes down 75 I asked myself where are the fly rods, at home.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:58 am • # 8 

Edit

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ] New Topic Add Reply