It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 19 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: I'm Baaaaack
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:47 pm • # 1 

The story goes like this . After being logged out I couldn't remember my password and after a week or so of goofing around with it I just opened another account .
Any ways I had a double Laminectomy and a Extreme lateral interbody fusion of L5,S1 ? Anyway it resulted in a hole in my side and two in my back , each one giving plenty of pain . I'm still alive and kicking and in plenty of pain . t was and is a hoot ! Not really , hurts like hell . lol

Post subject: Re: I'm Baaaaack
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:26 pm • # 2 

Speedy recovery, bud.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:40 pm • # 3 

Awe hell , it's just another one of my attempts to be able to walk again so I can actually fish again before I die . I found a stick/seat today while surfing the net and bought it . Seems to be what I'm looking for since putting a recliner on my dog is out of the question . It also comes from your neck of the woods . Have a look and tell me what you think as long as it's a positive comment ! lol :lol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:45 pm • # 4 

What a slick idea! I'll be interested to hear how the balancing goes on the mono post seat. There may be a wading staff application in there somewhere!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:33 pm • # 5 

So, you plant the green triangle on the ground. I get that part. Where do you plant the other end?

It's admirable that youre not giving in or giving up. This will work out for you. I'll add you to my prayers. Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:25 pm • # 6 

"wheezeburnt

There may be a wading staff application in there somewhere!"

Thats the idea I'll just have to wait and see .

strummer wrote:
So, you plant the green triangle on the ground. I get that part. Where do you plant the other end?

It's admirable that youre not giving in or giving up. This will work out for you. I'll add you to my prayers. Good luck!

Thanks strummer , I try ever so hard not to be a quitter . I have my first post op appointment tomorrow and to get fit for bone growth stimulator . I will catch a 30 incher before I die oh yeah .

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:23 pm • # 7 

Well I had my first post op appt today . They like my progress . I was also fitted with a bone growth stimulator . I dont know exactly how it works but it costs over 10K ! I walked about four blocks with and with out my walker . Took the walker mostly for resting when I got tired walking . Yea , I'm an athlete ! I'm hoping this is a sign of good times to come . Tight lines out there .

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:28 pm • # 8 

Kinda thought that was you Ron. I think you forgot your old password because your nerves were all "jangled" from your postop meds. Now be sure to remember which end of that green stick goes on the ground before you sit down. :lol

Larry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:13 am • # 9 

Yes Larry my post op meds were messing with me pretty good , I have also lost more memory . They say that for every hour of being under anesthesia it takes a week to get back to normal . I was under for a total of 8 hr's . Four for the positioning and operations and 4 to wake me up . This is the second time I didn't want to wake up . I dont like this feeling of feeling lost and it makes me grumpy and repetitive repetitive repetitive .

How about some pics of your new rod ? Mines done except for the finish as I'm not sure I want to keep the orange and black Jasper on it .

Ron

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:39 pm • # 10 

Maybe I can get my daughter to teach me how to post pictures. Back in the 60's while in the Marines, I worked on some of the most sophisticated high tech electronic equipment in our inventory. Now I can barely figure out how to use my cell phone. :P

Larry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:43 pm • # 11 

That's neat, useful. A staff to walk with and then flip the flat part down and sort of sit while you fly cast. Glad to hear your back and posting again.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:03 pm • # 12 

Larry , text me some pictures and then I can post them for you . EZ Peasy .

Jim Red , this back problem has really wreaked havoc with me . The healing part of this last rebuild is going to be a lot longer than a regular laminectomy but should be well worth the pain and effort .
They call these shooting sticks in England and I have a seat somewhat like it for marsh hunting only it has a tripod bottom . It works well but is heavy . This new one should be here either today or tomorrow and weighs only 1 1/2 lbs . I'll let ya'll know what I think as I'm sure theres an old Coot or two on here that could one . It is a little expensive but not bad in the scope of things at $47.50 delivered to me .

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:13 pm • # 13 

This is a picture that Larry sent me of his new Ultra Light 6' fiberglass rod .

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:24 pm • # 14 

Thanks Ron. That rod was built for me by preast who occasionally posts here. It was built on a Ye Olde English Fly Shop 2 weight glass blank. At least the rod is marked as a 2 weight, but we found that it will cast a WF1 quite well. I am using either an Orvis Superfine WF1 or a Barrio Small Stream WF1. In my hands, I feel the Barrio line holds a slight edge. This rod is glass, but has a graphite helical core, which keeps it from being a noodle. I plan to use it mostly for small stream bass and sunfish, but may try it for some trout this winter.

Larry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:21 pm • # 15 

Larry , if you back out a little and get pieces of all three sections I can post better pics , hopefully ! lol
Has anyone done a CC on this blank as I'm not comfortable marking mine as a 2wt when clearly it is a lighter rod. This rod (mine anyway ) is as wimpy as my 7'6" RDP O wt .

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:26 am • # 16 

At first I was trying to figure out how RalphieJoeKool was baaaaaack if he had never even been here before, at least until noticing that he also was from Marana, Aridzona. It's amazing how our alter egos (usernames) have real people behind them and can even become altered from time to time.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:49 pm • # 17 

I hope you recover fully and quickly so you can catch that 30 incher. Take care and good luck.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:30 pm • # 18 

Hey Jangles! I'm back too. I missed my UL creek fishing. I'm looking around for a 3wt rod now so I can qualify to post here again. :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:15 pm • # 19 

Creek , you better get to it because this is the only fly rod forum thats worth being on . RDP blanks and rods are the best going for the money . Tons of guys on here have one and I've built 3 of them . I love every one of mine .

Page 1 of 1   [ 19 posts ] New Topic Add Reply