It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:52 pm • # 1 

Many if not all of you are aware that I have been having back problems that keep me from wade fishing for many years . I have been looking for a solution to this problem for quite a while when hold the wagons Maggie , this stick / seat rated to 280 lbs jumped into my cart on a certain auction site . It arrived today and on another thread I said I would review it and pass along . Well I couldn't wait to test her in the kitchen and that I did . It passed with flying colors on a slippery kitchen floor . Leaning her out to an angle that would scare a Chipmunk I climbed aboard . She sticks just fine and didnt bend under my 205 lbs . She comes in at just under 1 pound on my postal scale . It is not adjustable but could be very easily and this company does make an adjustable version only slightly different with sections held together with a bungee corded sections I am 5'6" and the handle is good for my height but would be better an inch or two shorter , that can be done very easily with a hack saw and 2 minutes work and it would be easy enough to add a small section inside to make it adjustable . Anyway , in my opinion it's a keeper and at $47.50 TMD it's also a bargain . No , I do not stand to make anything off this and have nothing to do with the company . It is 34" from ground to top of handle and in seat mode it is 30" . It's called Flipstick and is from the UK .

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:13 pm • # 2 

RalphieJoeKool wrote:
Many if not all of you are aware that I have been having back problems that keep me from wade fishing for many years .

Yeah and you're likely to have even more problems if that little seat breaks and the pole goes up your ass. :eek

Seriously, though...it's a cool idea, but do be sure it's up to the task for water usage and the seat/pole junction is very secure and rugged. Although they are larger, the hammock seat versions of the idea are likely quite comfortable and the seat hardware looks pretty strong. Check 'em out...

https://www.canesgalore.com/collections/seat-sticks-one-leg

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:44 pm • # 3 

knotjoe wrote:
RalphieJoeKool wrote:
Many if not all of you are aware that I have been having back problems that keep me from wade fishing for many years .

Yeah and you're likely to have even more problems if that little seat breaks and the pole goes up your ass. :eek

Seriously, though...it's a cool idea, but do be sure it's up to the task for water usage and the seat/pole junction is very secure and rugged. Although they are larger, the hammock seat versions of the idea are likely quite comfortable and the seat hardware looks pretty strong. Check 'em out...

https://www.canesgalore.com/collections/seat-sticks-one-leg

I have one of those also , a lot clumsier and heavier . I use it for duck hunting where I carry it to a spot or spots from a boat .The one I just bought is aluminum and abs plastic . I'd say it's pretty much good to go . Rated at 280 lbs and weighs just under a pound on my scale .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:14 pm • # 4 

I am having trouble standing for more than a few minutes at a time and have been using this thing religiously at the grocery store , home depot etc and I have to tell you I love this thing . It's sturdy and light and it feels so right ! lol

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply