It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: UL Anti-virus Therapy
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:36 pm • # 1 

It seems that much of Europe, the UK, and North America have been going through different situations due to a virus that may have started with Mexican beer, Chinese food, or something else that is hard to understand.

I was just wondering what you all are doing to get through it, hoping that everyone is well and in good spirits. For me, it has just recently become obvious that I shouldn’t get out and about as usual, so it may be a good time to catch up on things that have gone undone. In that vein, have any of you been fishing, tying flies, repairing tackle, building rods, etc.?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:30 pm • # 2 

Fishing as much as possible and tying waaaay too many flies when i cant fish.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:46 pm • # 3 

With the amount of Corona virus in Colorado it's clear to me that it all started in the spring waters there . So , as a precaution I am boycotting Corona Beer and buying lots of fly off Egay ..

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:41 pm • # 4 

I had recently purchased supplies for tying flies, some new furled leaders, a new UL rod I'm still waiting for, and just ordered a new Hardy Perfect reel. I spent a lot of time and some money on getting ready for the conclave in Texas. That was what I spent a lot of time tying new flies for. Now the event has been cancelled due to the coronavirus. It's a good thing I prefer Modelo, because I may never want another Corona. ;) All I'm doing now is sitting around the house waiting for the rain to stop so I can go fishing, and making occasional short forays to the grocery store, and hoping my toilet paper supply holds out until the stores are restocked. :eek At least once the weather clears I can get out and go fishing. That is the one activity I can participate in that is healthy these days.

Larry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:20 pm • # 5 

Fly tying is keeping me sane. I have been tying for two different kids camps at Georgetown Lake this summer (hopefully they will be able to go). I also tie for Reel Recovery (puts on retreats for men with cancer). They use 10,000 flies per year according to literature. I am doing my best to tie 600 for each kids camp and over 1,000 for Reel Recovery. After about 40 years of tying I have an abundance of materials and hooks, so very little going out of my pocket to tie these flies. I would like to encourage anyone to tie for Reel Recovery or any other nonprofit that uses fly fishing as a tool.

That and some woodworking. Made a rocking moose for the last TU banquet. Quite a project

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:26 am • # 6 

Tying and watching SBS videos on YouTube. I've put a big dent in the Judge Judy and Seinfeld episodes that were on my DVR. There's an Epic 6wt kit that needs wrapped.

Mainly, though, A LOT of prayer the world. "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world", John 16:33 NKJV

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:41 am • # 7 

When the **** started to hit the fan my wife asked: "How will we keep busy?" I responded: "We can hike, fish and pretend it's our second honeymoon." The answer was: "Two out of three"s not bad."
The hiking and fishing have been great.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:23 pm • # 8 

I have been learning different variations on tying flies. If anything it's bringing up my level of tying skills.

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ] New Topic Add Reply