It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 22 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Re: Fishing Time
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:02 pm • # 21 

linecaster wrote:
After reading the topic of what rules we set for ourselves it reminded me of my concern for my wife and getting back in time for her. I used to look for every opportunity to throw a line and or tie flies in my spare time.
With my wife having passed on I thought, well, no restrictions now she has given me permission to fish to my hearts content.
Strangely that is not what happened, the urge and desire dissapeared. Has this happened to any of you? I need a kick start.

I know exactly what you mean about getting home in time and spending time with your wife. I also have an issue of fishing all day and then going home and tying more flies while my wife sits in the living room and watches tv alone. I had to change that.

I would believe that your wife, and I also give my condolences and sorry to hear of your loss, knowing that in life fishing was important to you and now that she has passed, I believe she would want you to continue with it because of your obvious love for the sport. I know you miss your wife and there sounds to be a bit of guilt now, but I think she'd understand and approve for you to get back out there and enjoy the remaining years of your life instead of shutting yourself down. JMHO

My wife once asked me if she were to die, would I get married again. I quickly said, "no, because no one would let me fish as much as you do." She smiled.

Post subject: Re: Fishing Time
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:21 am • # 22 

linecaster wrote:
After reading the topic of what rules we set for ourselves it reminded me of my concern for my wife and getting back in time for her. I used to look for every opportunity to throw a line and or tie flies in my spare time.
With my wife having passed on I thought, well, no restrictions now she has given me permission to fish to my hearts content.
Strangely that is not what happened, the urge and desire dissapeared. Has this happened to any of you? I need a kick start.

I’m sorry for your loss linecaster. You pretty much echo the concern I have for my wife and my attitude towards fishing. I’m very lucky that she is still alive and is very understanding about me wanting to go fishing.

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 22 posts ] New Topic Add Reply