It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 28 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:25 am • # 21 

Cliff Hilbert wrote:
I post because I enjoy laughing at myself.

Amen.
Cliff, your comment on not taking things too seriously reminded me of the final line in Robert Traver's Testament of a Fisherman, regarding why he fishes:
".....And, finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant – and not nearly so much fun."
brent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:43 pm • # 22 

jangles wrote:
Iasgair wrote:
jangles wrote:
This is an older gentleman's page and there are only 15 or so around of which 3 or 4 are close to the grave thus they are the posters elite . They also keep it alive . I however am a younger pup at merely 71 and tried to revive this site a year or so ago by answering threads as old as Larry , Cliff or Weez but to no avail those who started them seem to be long gone . Perhaps we dont have enough builders here selling their goods keeping it alive ? Seems like they are on the other sites but not really taking part just selling and answering now and then ? If you take your 4wt and break it in half you'll have 2- 2wts and fit right in . lol

Well I dont answer many posts because I dont know much about that particular subject . I dont post about warm water fishing or fisheries because I have no interest in them or the fish . I dont post in the tenkara because I dont consider it to be interesting . I dont post in the spinning section because it has nothing to do with the forums name and therefore not interested . I dont sell my rods so I dont post in the for sale section very often . I dont post fishing trips because most of it is hike in and I cant , so I get jealous . So in closing , I'm not
a very exciting person , have NO life and just waiting to pass on . It could be worse , I could already be dead and posting on satans web ! lol

I think that's one of the biggest problems with these forums. If people keep posting new titles and don't get any responses they are going to start wondering why they even posted in the first place. I for one have thought that myself in the past with this forum, that's why I haven't posted much. I have a new topic just put in today, and I bet I get a few lookers, but very few replies. I'd like to stay here because I love fishing my 3wts on all the creeks near me, but if no one is interested then why bother posting?

I don't see your post. Maybe that is why we sometime get no or few replies....this and other new post seem to disappear.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:03 pm • # 23 

Well I threw a couple into the rod building forum if anybody is interested in that. I haven't really posted anywhere much lately. Haven't really done any rods lately either.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:40 am • # 24 

Long time member here....but haven't posted in a long time - although I do visit occasionally.

I'm just busy these days. Hard to sit down and dedicate the time it takes to get online. Rather be out fishing!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:18 am • # 25 

armyflyfisher wrote:
..... Rather be out fishing!

Haha. :applause Well, what kind of attitude is that?
Brent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:44 pm • # 26 

JimRed,

Roblepl actually showed up on the fiberglass site on Sept 8th, to my surprise and delight. I, too, miss his exploits fishing the salt with his 1 wt and other miniscule rods. They were always fun reads and inspiring.

I just ordered a St Croix 6' ultralight spinning rod. If I can manage to catch anything on it I'll post a story and pic(s).

I'm only 63 but feel kinda beat up a lot of the time. Two bad knees and bouts of diverticulitis, among other things, don't help.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:22 am • # 27 

Del Gue wrote:
JimRed,

Roblepl actually showed up on the fiberglass site on Sept 8th, to my surprise and delight. I, too, miss his exploits fishing the salt with his 1 wt and other miniscule rods. They were always fun reads and inspiring.

He also had a recent post on this forum at viewtopic.php?f=71&t=12664

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:31 am • # 28 

I remember he said he was getting into building rods, so that doesn't surprise me.

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 28 posts ] New Topic Add Reply