It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: The pimps
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:28 pm • # 1 

Wow the pimps are sure busy on the other site . I cant believe the amount of pimping going on . Is it just me or does it bother other people too ? I should tell you what I'm referring to . People that dont contribute to a site other than to sell rods , reels , toilet paper etc . You know the type , when you search their posts and 75 percent or more are just selling **** . If it were my site I would charge them but then again I'm not all that friendly anyways so maybe it's just me ? Okay rant over (for now) ! lol

Post subject: Re: The pimps
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:54 pm • # 2 

The behavior described has been noticed, particularly on a couple other forums but by a relatively small number of members. Since I don’t buy their wares due to not being a shining representative of the consumer society anyway, it’s just something that I notice. It seems to happen very little if any on this forum.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:30 am • # 3 

What is 'the other site'?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:31 am • # 4 

I know there are several on Facebook in Texas where certain people come on simply to advertise their guide services or fly fishing products. I've complained about these people and no one did anything about them, so I quit the sites.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:53 pm • # 5 

wheezeburnt wrote:
What is 'the other site'?

PM sent .

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:38 pm • # 6 

Ron,
Since you and I discussed this very subject a few days ago I know the site you are primarily referring to. In fairness, there is a portion of the site that is there just for the express purpose of alerting people to new rods, reels, lines, etc. Also a lot of the rod builders display photos of the new rods they have for sale. Some of these rod builders generally just show what they have for sale, but others also contribute to other discussions, especially in the rod building section of the site.
I have been on that forum for 13 years and have no complaint about the "pimps" nor have I heard any other complaints aside from yours. For that particular forum those displays of rods are there for a purpose, to alert members to what is available from the custom builders without having to do a tedious search of website. Believe me, if anybody on that forum found this of dubious taste there would be a lot of griping about it.

Larry

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:41 pm • # 7 

Canoeman1947 wrote:
Ron,
Since you and I discussed this very subject a few days ago I know the site you are primarily referring to. In fairness, there is a portion of the site that is there just for the express purpose of alerting people to new rods, reels, lines, etc. Also a lot of the rod builders display photos of the new rods they have for sale. Some of these rod builders generally just show what they have for sale, but others also contribute to other discussions, especially in the rod building section of the site.
I have been on that forum for 13 years and have no complaint about the "pimps" nor have I heard any other complaints aside from yours. For that particular forum those displays of rods are there for a purpose, to alert members to what is available from the custom builders without having to do a tedious search of website. Believe me, if anybody on that forum found this of dubious taste there would be a lot of griping about it.

Larry

Well Larry it matters to me and I'm the only one that matters . lol Eber since the docs took me off my meds I've been a grouchy son of a ***** . lol

Last edited by jangles on Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:40 pm • # 8 

No problem Ron. At our age being grumpy means we're still kicking.

Larry

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ] New Topic Add Reply