It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Go to page 1, 2  Next   Page 1 of 2   [ 27 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: A sad day indeed
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:57 pm • # 1 

I jumped ship , crossed the fence as they say . I did buy a new rod this day actually two but they miss the UL mark so I cant comment on them . One was fifty dollars and the other in the hundreds . One made here and the other in England , both new and one under warranty . Anyway , thought I'd check in and say hi . HI ! :lol :applause ;)

Post subject: Re: A sad day indeed
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:56 pm • # 2 

The suspense is killings me. Ultralite or not, tell us what you bought, please.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:59 am • # 3 

PM at you JimRed .

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:28 am • # 4 

Well I did it again but one of them is a 3wt so I can tell you about it .It is a 10'3wt Vision Nymphmaniac nymph rod that actually is a 2 wt , very sensitive rod . Weighs 2.5 oz and balances with a new anodized black and green 3wt reel from the KungFlu country . Smooth as butter , billet machined , cork disc adjustable drag and guaranteed for 5 years . Anyway I cant tell yo about the others as they dont fit this forums specs . :rollin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:53 pm • # 5 

jangles wrote:
Well I did it again but one of them is a 3wt so I can tell you about it .It is a 10'3wt Vision Nymphmaniac nymph rod that actually is a 2 wt , very sensitive rod . Weighs 2.5 oz and balances with a new anodized black and green 3wt reel from the KungFlu country . Smooth as butter , billet machined , cork disc adjustable drag and guaranteed for 5 years . Anyway I cant tell yo about the others as they dont fit this forums specs . :rollin

You're still allowed to talk about other tackle on here, you won't get banned for talking about heavier gear :lol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:58 pm • # 6 

mmckenzie wrote:
jangles wrote:

You're still allowed to talk about other tackle on here, you won't get banned for talking about heavier gear :lol

I dont agree . It's an UL site and thats what should be talked about not 4 through 12 wts . The ONLY reason I am on here is because it's an UL site . YMMV . Have a goodun .

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:32 am • # 7 

Ron, that makes you a weightist. That's a new term to describe people who don't think exactly like the rest of us regarding the weight of flyrods. If you think differently than we do then something is obviously wrong with you and you need to be sent to a re-education camp.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:29 pm • # 8 

Cliff Hilbert wrote:
Ron, that makes you a weightist. That's a new term to describe people who don't think exactly like the rest of us regarding the weight of flyrods. If you think differently than we do then something is obviously wrong with you and you need to be sent to a re-education camp.

I love you too Cliff ! lol I wish I were half as witty as you and Brent but that would make me a half wit and my dog wouldnt lick me anymore . lol .

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:35 pm • # 9 

Cliff Hilbert wrote:

Cliff, I must say that while I do not disagree with you personally I do not agree with what you said. Just because Ron doesn’t agree with us on everything doesn’t mean he must go to a re-education camp or even deprogramming. And a description of his overweight fly gear could go in the subforum for off-topic discussion. After all, he did demonstrate exceedingly good taste in the one UL fly rod that was purchased. Not to mention the fact that I want to hear about his wife’s reaction when he tells her “No, honey. I can’t possibly paint the spare room today. I have to go fishing with my new Nymphomaniac”…

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:03 pm • # 10 

PampasPete wrote:
Cliff Hilbert wrote:

Cliff, I must say that while I do not disagree with you personally I do not agree with what you said. Just because Ron doesn’t agree with us on everything doesn’t mean he must go to a re-education camp or even deprogramming. And a description of his overweight fly gear could go in the subforum for off-topic discussion. After all, he did demonstrate exceedingly good taste in the one UL fly rod that was purchased. Not to mention the fact that I want to hear about his wife’s reaction when he tells her “No, honey. I can’t possibly paint the spare room today. I have to go fishing with my new Nymphomaniac”…

Good point about the not painting husband but I never do anything around the house or yard , she wont obey and I dont have Honey Do's that was in our wedding vows ! As far as my Nymph , she knows I have the hots for Claire off of Outlander so it'll come as no surprise to find that I've dubbed the new Nymph , Claire ! .

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:17 pm • # 11 

No one is fishing much lately, but we're sure having fun regardless. :lol :lol

Ron, if you were half as witty as Brent and I then that would make you a quarterwit, because half of a halfwit is a quarterwit.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:10 pm • # 12 

Cliff Hilbert wrote:
No one is fishing much lately, but we're sure having fun regardless. :lol :lol

Ron, if you were half as witty as Brent and I then that would make you a quarterwit, because half of a halfwit is a quarterwit.

:lol :applause

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:07 am • # 13 

I think since there are 3 of you to divide it up against, then that would make all of you dimwits

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:17 am • # 14 

SWCR wrote:
I think since there are 3 of you to divide it up against, then that would make all of you dimwits

Then someone had to be a Nim Rod ! I vote for hmmmmmmmmmmm. :lol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:26 am • # 15 

I have half a mind to take offense to your comments, Cliff.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:11 am • # 16 

We're all pretty witty, or is that witless, or are we all witnesses to a bunch of dimwits, or some winless dimwits?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:49 am • # 17 

As far as nimwits , halfwits and twitwits I vote for you wits .

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:40 pm • # 18 

Hey jangles, racist much? It's China not the kungflu country. Idiot.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:41 pm • # 19 

Its a lovely day in Tucson , even though gas prices are sky rocketing .

Last edited by jangles on Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:25 pm • # 20 

Sorry I don't have all week. Got a red a$$ 'cuz your boy lost?

Go to page 1, 2  Next   Page 1 of 2   [ 27 posts ] New Topic Add Reply